This is what the invitation I did looked like, different bow though.
I am getting nervous about the weather. What was once a 65 degree forcast is now turning into 54 with rain. We have no alternate option because we have family coming in from out of town, so come rain or shine- we have got to have the party Sat. I guess we can pray for no rain and just have to all wear jackets. Please pray with us that the rain will begin tomorrow and be done by Friday. The sky has been threatening rain for days now with nothing to show for it. I don't have any idea what we will do if it rains. Our apartment is way too small for 20 people. This is the first time I have ever done a park party, and this happens. What really irritates me is that Sunday, the day after the party, the forcast is 70 degrees and sunny.
Good gracious.
***Billy just brought the mail up and this beauty was on an ad for Edible Arrangements. Vivi freaked out! I hadto tear the page out and she has been carrying it around shouting, "Icky!!!" I told Billy, her two loves combined...Mickey and fruit! She is in heaven. Unfortunately the cost of this bouquet is way out of our party budget. So no Mickey shaped fruit for us this year!
We finished purchasing what we need today and ordered the balloons. Isaac helped me stuff the pinata, while Vivianna sucked on two lollipops....thanks for the help, Viv! Tomorrow we will begin our cleaning and organizing of the apartment. I scheduled Vivi's 2 year old pictures to be taken Friday night. She is going to wear a very Minnie-like dress.

7 friends commented!:
Ugh, this happened last year to us for Jaimes party. It didn't rain until that night though! I'll definitely be praying for this. I remember being so, so anxious and praying a ton! We haven't rsvp'd yet :(. I"m so sorry!! Jaimes has strep right now but should be better for the party. Gracie has a virus and running a fever. I'm thinking we'll all be healthy and if we are we'll be there even if we need to wear goulashes and jackets w/ umbrella in tow!
Cute invitation! Oh, the edible arrangements are wonderful.
I will be praying for the weather...and not just for you guys, but for us also!!!! We're having Brady's party that day, too, and we have an egg hunt planned!!! When is Vivi's actual birthday? Brady's is the 13th... It has gone by tooooooo quickly!
Kelly-
Oh happy 1st b-day Brady! Vivi's birthday is the 14th. So funny...they are one year apart almost to the day and both adopted from the same agency! Sweet!
Oh no! I hadn't even thought about the rain on Saturday. Does the park have an indoor area incase of rain?
It'll be fun even with the rain.
That arrangement looks great. You're creative, why not make it yourself in all the spare time you'll have between now and Saturday!!!
Hi Laurie, I was searching for transracial blogs and come across yours!! I'm so glad I found it! We adopted a bi-racial little girl in March of last year so I am always on the "look-out" for other families taking the journey with us! So good to "meet you"! I look forward to reading some of your previous posts! Stop by anytime for a visit.
Grace & Peace
So cute! You can get fresh pineapple at Sam's Club for cheaper than the grocers and use a mickey cookie cutter for the same affect. Maybe that's doable instead of the EA. You can get several cutouts from one pineapple! : ) I can't wait to see pictures of the party.
Post a Comment