I will be ordering Vivi a custom birthday outfit this year off of Etsy. This is the last year she will be my baby girl as 3 seems to be the end of the baby years. Four year olds are preschoolers! Gasp! The shirt I order will have a big number "3" on it and my dilemma is that I don't know if the fabric should be polka dots as that had been her dress pattern for her 1st and 2nd birthdays. The polka dot fabric would be 183 below.
Or if I should go with the trendy and oh-so-cute zebra or giraffe print as shown here (34 or 35)..Never having been one to keep up with the trends, I still find this to be irresistible. 

If I went with the zebra, the outfit would look like this:
How cute is that?!!
I also love the idea of the giraffe print.
But polka dots have been our tradition.
I don't know what to do...
Help!!

8 friends commented!:
The outfit is so cute, but personally, I like the polka dot fabric, because it has a younger look and you can always do zebra when she is older. But, no matter what fabric you go with, she will look precious! I love picking out things like this! So fun! I have enjoyed having a girl too!
My hubby will tell you that I ALWAYS love to give my opinion! LOL! I personally like the first 3choices (yes, all of them!) versus the bottem ones. I am just not into animal prints. But that's just me. (May have something to do with my SIL loving them...haha!) I do love all the cute things they have on Etsy! You can't go wrong no matter what you choose!
I'll have to vote for the polka dots since it's been the theme.
Ya'll make some great points about going with the polka dots. I was really leaning towards the animal prints so I am so glad I got some opinions on this...keep them coming!!
For the record, Billy said without even seeing the fabric choices, "polka dots of course". I said "why?!" and he said "that is what we have always done."
The seller has other polka dot fabric, but this one was really the cutest.
184!!
Ok...184 is not an option Paige. :) We are not going from animal prints to polka dots to paisley!! :)
I like the zebra.
Hi, Laurie! Just a quick question. How small are those dots??? If they are too big or too far apart when the fabric is cut into a number 3, then you won't know that they even are polka dots. Just a thought... My other thought is that I'd personally go with the polka dots because little girls only want polka dots for so long!!!
Post a Comment