Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Sneak Peek And Tutorial

We are in full party mode around here on the decor for Jayden's superhero party this Saturday.
I thought you might enjoy me taking a
pause in the madness to post a sneak peek on something I created.
Seeing as I have been on a wreath kick lately,
I wanted to do a balloon wreath for the front door.
I looked up a tutorial online and got to work!
I bought this wreath at Michaels for $2.99, but had a 50% off coupon. The balloons are packs of 15 (in your color of choice) for 97 cents at Walmart, along with the floral pins for only a $1 a pack.
I bought 2 balloon packs of each color for a total of 120 balloons.
Such a bargain for something so cute!!

These pins were really easy to work with and may just replace
my hot glue gun as my new wreath fav!
I dumped all the balloons in a bowl so I would be able to easily grab the color I needed. The pins were poured out in the middle of the wreath.
Don't forget to put your birthday boy in front of the TV so he doesn't mess with your project! ;)
Then I began pinning them on, alternating colors.
As you come around, you will see where you have gaps that need filling in with more balloons.
I ended up using all but maybe four. OH, and just leave the plastic on the wreath. It is a mess to remove and it won't be seen anyway with all the balloons. On a side note too, I only covered the front and a little of the inside and outside circle, NOT the whole wreath sides and back.
To finish it off, I taped tiny comic book covers (that I printed off of free websites) and other paper super hero themed items. Have fun with this part! You could print your child's name or age to add to it. It is a great way to personalize it, while still being able to remove the items to re-use as a "boy" themed balloon wreath in the future.

I LOVE the way it turned out!
So festive and a perfect compliment to the rest of the party.
Stay tuned for this weekend when I post pics of all the decor and party pics!

6 friends commented!:

Unknown said...

WOW! I REALLY like the wreath turned out beautiful!

Deb said...

You could reuse it for your next carnival party. Add popcorn and cotton candy.

Joy said...

That is so cute! I really like this idea, fun and cheap! You can use it over and over! How fun! Great job!

Anonymous said...

So cute.. I love the bright colors! Cant wait to see the pics from this weekend.

Melinda said...

SUPER CUTE! I'm stealing this for future reference. ;)

lisbethnlaursen said...

Hi there :)
Thanks for sharing this great idea!
Best regards to you from Denmark,
Lisbeth