Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Best Movie

Billy and I had a date night last night as our Christmas present to each other. We went to see this movie and it was the best movie we have seen in years. The description of it on the web states, "Juno, starring Ellen Page as an offbeat young woman who makes an unusual and bizarre decision regarding her unborn child." Hmmmm...so the world sees adoption as unusual and bizarre. Wow. That is insane. I asked the guy at the ticket counter if he had seen it and he said yes he loved it but couldn't get his wife to see it because she thinks it is a pro-life movie and refuses to see movies with an agenda. I wanted to say "you mean, she refuses to see movies that aren't her agenda." But I didn't. Anyway...this movie did not have an agenda. It was not Christian, it was raw and edgy, at times shocking. I won't give it away because Billy and I want every single one of our friends and family to see this and then talk to us about it. I cried a lot...but you may not. It's not a sad movie...just so real and moving. And in light of the Jamie Lynn Spears pregnancy that is plastered ALL over the headlines...this movie is so relevant and needed right now. It gave me chills, I walked away changed in some way. And the thing I appreciate about it most is that yes, you can see that she gives birth to her baby but there is not a big sappy scene at the end where she holds her newborn and ponders what could be. She grieves and she is healed. Juno should be in theaters everywhere by Christmas day. Run- don't walk to the theater and see it. It gets a standing ovation from us and we hope it is seen by everyone over the age of 13, twice.

3 friends commented!:

Anonymous said...

i cant wait to see this!
after what you said about it today, it looks like a really good one to see.
:)

Brandi and Jeremy... said...

I have been wanting to see this since I saw the previews some time ago. In Kansas, grandma is going to watch the kiddos, so now I just have to convince Jeremy to see it!

Stephanie Rohloff said...

Chris and I can't wait to see it! We just need someone to watch the kiddos...oh but there is a catch! They most be CPR certified and approved and yada yada yada! Maybe we will get it on video.