Pages

Monday, December 31, 2007

New Years Eve

Even though we have many plans for this new year, it seems like for the first time I can go into it with a peace in my soul. For years now we have spent New Year's Eve dreaming of how we can become parents and bring our kids home. This year, unless God does something really crazy-we will not be welcoming any new little ones (or dogs) to our household. As exciting as that time was, this time feels so much better. I can relax and focus on the huge responsibility of raising the ones I've got. I also will not be going on any kind of "health or athletic kick"...I mean who am I kidding- I barely have enough alone time to get a haircut. I will however be working towards cleaning up our life, getting organized, selling some of our clutter on craigslist, getting Vivi a social security number before taxes are due...you know the really important stuff!

So I am excited for 2008! My baby is going to have her first birthday party!! Woohoo...ya'll know how I love kid's birthday parties. My sister is having a son...my first nephew, due in April. We would like to go to Florida for a week this summer to play on the beach and visit Billy's aunts. And Isaac will hopefully begin basketball at some point if we can afford the fees! :)

I don't do resolutions...because I am like every other American in that the resolution fades by like mid February...you know right around Valentines day...

But I do have goals and wishes for this new year and hopes and dreams. It is exciting to see what the Lord will do with another year of our life.

May His Goodness be abundant in your family this year both in the trials of life and the celebrations.

0 friends commented!: