Recovering from the trip has taken me a lot longer than I thought it would, and I'm still not done with laundry! Yesterday I had a dizzy spell that lasted 4 hours, maybe I took my motion sickness patch off too soon. And we can't seem to get enough sleep around here. The baby has slept through the night since we got home and Isaac has been sleeping past 8:00!
We had a great 10 days in the Aloha State. We flew into Honolulu on a Thursday night and stayed in Waikiki at the Marriott. Great hotel, by the way! The city was packed with people. They told us it is because of Christmas along with the normal amount of tourists. We boarded the ship on Saturday and the kids were exhausted. Isaac fell asleep during dinner. We explored Maui and Kaui`i during our excursions. Beautiful islands!
Some of the funny things about Isaac on the trip are that he loved our housekeeper "La-La". He would race down the hall and jump into her arms and hug her every day. SO cute. He loved sleeping on the top bunk and went to bed every night without any fuss. He took his first of many showers on the boat and told us he likes baths better (we didn't have a tub, so Vivi had to shower too!) He cried every time we took him to kids club on the boat but loved it and was always in a great mood when we picked him up. He ate Macaroni and Cheese for 3 meals, more than I think he has had it in his lifetime! He loved the ocean...going a little further than I was happy with but he would belly surf his way back to the beach. So funny to watch. And lastly, he fell asleep in the airport on the way home while we were waiting for our 11 p.m. flight to Denver. When we woke him to board the plane, he started crying softly and went and curled up in a strangers lap!! We all got a huge laugh out of that and she asked if we wanted her to carry him onto the plane. :)
Now...onto Vivi...she was a dream baby on this trip! She got very spoiled from being held by somebody all the time and I still can't put her down without a squack. She had a bit of a rough time sleeping in a new crib, but it got better. She hated grass, sand, and pigeons. The birds were pecking under her highchair at a resteraunt and she went nuts! Poor baby. She loved all the people on the ship and they LOVED her. I started to call her Suri Cruise because she was like a celebrity. The manager of one of the diners even gave Vivi and Isaac presents on the last day of the cruise. On the way home she slept most of the flight in her car seat. She really was a breeze.
Billy and I did okay. I got sick one night and threw up because the boat was sloshing all over the place. Billy got to swim with dolphins, snorkel, do a zipline, and drink a Mai Tai (I think that is how you spell it!) And we both got to have a couples massage...very nice. We really had a great vacation, as you can see from the video montage.
My favorite t-shirt I saw was one that said, "No, I don't speak Spanish. I'm Hawaiian." Ha!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 friends commented!:
Man!
Sounds like you guys had ALOT of fun! :]
did YOU get to swim with dolphins?
Isaac sounds like he was the little wildman he always is, and eating three things of MAc and chesse?! sounds like jarrett!
hahha.
paige.
Post a Comment