This is going to be a busy week. Isaac has preschool tomorrow, play therapy and Christmas pics with baby sister (round 3) on Wed. and Thursday at school is his happy birthday, Jesus party. He is very much into this and tells me almost every day that we have to make a cake for Jesus's b-day. We will actually be getting store bought cupcakes for the party, but he and I will be making a cake on Christmas Eve for Jesus. He told me yesterday that Jesus will be so sad because we ate his cake all up! Ha! I told him that it makes Jesus very happy when we enjoy remembering his birth day by eating his cake. He smiled at that! So sweet.
Vivi had her 9 month check-up today. She continues to be a petite little thing at 17 lbs. 2 oz. and 28 inches long. But this just makes her easier to carry around! She did not have to have any shots and she didn't cry once during the exam...along with Isaac sitting on Billy's lap quiet as a mouse...this made for a very good dr's visit which gave mommy the energy to tackle Walmart the week before Christmas with two little kids in tow! Vivi took a nap in the cart so that gave Isaac and I extra time on the toy aisles! I felt like supermom when we left the toys without any fits so I indulged in my little secret sin of purchasing People magazine and reading about how Jessica misses Nick. Why do I care, you ask! Hey...there is only so much Boz, baby toys, dog barking, and dirt on the carpet that one woman can take! Not to mention the constant dialogue that runs in this house "Mommy... I need to be wiped! Oscar is chewing your shoe! No, Isaac you can not have another candy cane...no...because....you just can't. Vivi is eating dog hair! I will not forget to make the cake for Jesus' b-day and yes you will eat your vegetables at lunch. If your stomach doesn't hurt for candy canes, it doesn't hurt for vegetables....."
So because they were angels at the store (and with People to refresh me) I had it in me to tackle an hour of baby food making! Productive afternoon for me, wahoo!
I bought Vivi some new sippy cups, we got to get on that as she will be off the bottle and on to whole milk in just 3 short months! She is in full swing with her self-feeding. She sucked down a tray full of pear pieces at lunch today and fussed for more! And she had two full snacks of cheerios and puffy stars! She must burn off all that food just like her brother! I am convicted that I need to brush her teeth more, but I just forget! Poor baby. We've got to keep those pearly whites in good condition! That along with her dirty ears (man those things are hard to clean!) and her long nails have just made me feel so neglectful! :) But last night I trimmed her claws and tomorrow during her bath I will go to town on her teeth and ears so maybe I can sleep better in the coming days.
Tomorrow Vivi is going to try pineapple for the first time. Wish her rashy butt, luck! (Her body has a way of rejecting all things foreign in the form of some very messy diapers!)
So Isaac went to bed with a runny nose and a cough...great...just in time for Christmas. If he wakes up with a slight fever...don't think I am a bad mom if I give him two chewable tylenols and send him to preschool, anyway. Come on!! You know the other moms in the class have done that too! Where do you think he got his cold? Okay...so I'll leave my cell phone number with the teacher...happy?
***update*** Isaac woke up with a fever at 5 am and I didn't have the heart to send him, afterall! So I am now fighting with him to stay on the couch so that his coughing does not overtake him...but sitting still is not something he can do, even with a cold! I guess peppermint bark making will have to wait for another day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 friends commented!:
Post a Comment