Pages

Monday, April 7, 2008

Our future preacher

We have thought for sometime now that Isaac might just want to be a pastor someday. Basically ever since we put him in a suit and tie last year! With the amount of volume and the fact that he likes to talk SO much- he won't need a P.A. system!

So today we were hanging a cross on the wall and he ran up to us gasping and said, "That is where God put Jesus and He died!" We stopped mid hammer and looked wide eyed as he continued, "and then the mean men took his body and put it in a big rock. And later the tomb was empty and Jesus was alive again! Hooray!" Oh my goodness- was all we could say. We gave him lots of praises and he finished his sermon with "remember, God loves you wherever you are!" as he sang the end tune to his BOZ video. What a memory this child has!

He also insists on doing the prayer before every meal which sounds very similar to that big green bear Boz. "Thank you God as this day ends for my family and my friends, taking time to sit and pray. Thank you, God for this great day. Thank you for my mommy and daddy and Vivi and dogs. Thank you for my new house and all the work we do to it. Thank you for this dinner. In Jesus name, Amen." So sweet!

Oh the joy that wells in a mother's heart when her son can dictate theology. :)

4 friends commented!:

Brandi and Jeremy... said...

Hey Laurie,
I'm SOOO glad you are back! Hope things settle down for you and you are able to feel at home. I miss seeing the kids pics...so please post more!
brandi

Brandi and Jeremy... said...

Ok, I thought my original comment didn't take, so I did it again,...but then I realized I posted it twice but different locations...so sorry...but you get the point...It's good to have you back!

Kristin said...

Okay, so fun to join the blogging world and find your blog site :)! I love it. I will totally come to Pastor Cuchens church one day - preach it brother!
Love your blog - very cute!
Kristin

Laurie said...

yes...I secretly hope he also plays the drums in the worship band. Can he do both?