Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Baby Boom

I have found out in the last week or so that two of my friends are pregnant. They will remain nameless as they have not gone "public" yet, but you know who you are...and CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for them. One of them is expecting their second child after having miscarried their first a couple years ago. And the other is expecting their second, after having taken almost 2 years to conceive their first who is now Vivi's age. They are both due early next year, but both live far away so I will only be able to celebrate with them over the computer! I have a tender place in my heart for these two as motherhood did not come quickly to them.

My longtime friend who is dear to my heart also announced not long ago that she was pregnant with their third. Sadly, they lost the baby in the first trimester and are grieving. I sent her a soft blanket and some booties as a keepsake for the baby they said goodbye to. I think about her everyday and about that baby and tears instantly spring to my eyes. With the joy of a new life, come sadness for many as they reflect upon all of the what-could-have-beens. Her baby was also to be born early next year.

As Paul said, we rejoice with those who rejoice and mourn with those who mourn. Our Lord's prescence is never more strong in times of celebration and never more needed in times of sadness. I love you sweet sisters, and your little babies too.



2 friends commented!:

Kristin said...

I love that verse. How true it is that we need to remember to also mourn with our sisters. I think we sometimes forget that part of the verse. Love those precious booties what a sweet thought and idea. You are a wonderful friend.

Anonymous said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for being such a sweet and sensitive friend to everyone you come in contact with!

Elizabeth