Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christmas Traditions

Billy's aunt bought me a book the Christmas we were engaged that is a journal to document every Christmas for the next 25 years! The first page is your Christmas card list, then gifts given and received, special food and recipes, memorable events of the past year, and all the details of Christmas eve and Christmas day like the weather, where you were, and your hopes for the new year. It is one of my treasured possessions. Every year I read over it and this year I compiled a list of some of the things we have done over and over again. It is wild to think that in 5 years we have made so many holiday memories. SO here is a fun list of my top twelve family traditions, in no particular order:

1. Decorating the tree and house

2. Santa photos

3. Decorating a Gingerbread house and sugar cookies

4. Parades

5. Giving the kids Christmas books and ornaments every year

6. Our family picture w/Santa hats

7. Christmas Eve at church

8. Toothbrushes in the kid's stockings

9. Baking a Happy Birthday Jesus cake on Christmas day.

10. Buying the kids Christmas pajamas

11. Singing hymns and telliItalicng the story of Christ's birth

12. Visiting the Christmas tree lot


I also buy my niece and nephew Christmas books and ornaments every year. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? (you can sign in under name/url- you don't have to have an account) We are always looking for new ways to celebrate the season!

1 friends commented!:

Deb said...

I am going to start a book for Izzy this year that has a pic of her ornament and why we picked it. I'll have to add more details. That book sounds great.

Mt favorite tradition is going to my inlaws and trimming their tree together as a family. We're doing that tonight.