Pages

Friday, November 7, 2008

Surgery Update

Billy and I are in the waiting area. The nurse wheeled Isaac back about 20 minutes ago and in a short while the Dr. will finish and come in to tell us how he did and give us our post-op instructions. Isaac was very subdued and quiet- not like himself at all! So I think he has been nervous. But he has not cried or said he was scared. They put a small DVD player with a video he picked out on his bed and they said he could watch it until he falls asleep which would only take about 2 breaths from the gas mask. In the waiting room he asked me if any of the signs posted around the room that said no food or drinks also said he would be getting a shot. I told him no but that he could confirm with the front desk if that would make him feel better, so he walked up there and said "excuse me Mam, do these signs say that I am going to be getting a shot?" She was so sweet to affirm that this would not be happening. The nurse told me that they would put his IV in his foot after he was out, so he wouldn't even know it.

So far so good! It is great to be around people who are used to working with children! Everyone has been super nice. I'll let ya'll know how it all went once we are settled at home.

2 friends commented!:

Brandi and Jeremy... said...

I remembered to pray for Issac early this morning! Glad to hear it is going well! I will call this weekend to check on you guys!
Love,
Brandi

Matt & Kristin said...

hope everything went well!