Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Some Additional Reading

To piggyback on my last post, I wanted to share this that was on a friend's blog. John Piper shares 15 Pro-Life Truths that are worth reading and pondering over, and of course sharing with others.

If you are one to say that at anytime a woman should have the freedom of choice when it comes to the life of an unborn person, please be aware of exactly what you believe and the implications that follow. Educate yourself, don't just say it because you heard someone else say it or it seems right, or the political views you hold to support it. Lots of things that seem right, aren't. It is important because even if you never face this decision, someone you know just might.

Everyone needs to know where they stand on this issue and be able to defend it. There is lots of wisdom in Dr. Seuss saying, "A person's a person no matter how small." And for those who do not have a voice, we will speak for them.

And I have to add that if you feel as a lot of people do that there are two reasons why a woman should have the right to abort, I would like to address those. The first is because she receives a diagnosis that the baby in her body has a serious illness or deformity that will likely shorten their lifespan, or take away their "quality" of life. I would like to point you to two blogs of families who made the heroic decision to carry their babies to full term despite the odds. Both families lost their precious babies soon after birth. But they carried them knowing this was inevitable. The Delgados, friends of our friends, who brought conjoined twins into this world. And this one I have mentioned before, who knew her baby girl would not survive outside the womb and chose to give her life inside her body for as long as God had planned.

The second reason often sited as a viable one for aborting is in the case of rape or incest. All I will say about this is that there are hundreds of families parenting their adopted children who share this as their story and I can tell you those families would never wish that their child's birthmothers had chosen abortion. Their sweet children are the product of what was a horrific beginning, but a beautiful ending, and ultimately a life still worth living.

Just something to further think about as you ponder this very important issue...

0 friends commented!: