
The week after Vivianna turns two, we will be going to see her favorite power couple LIVE on ice! Billy's aunt is flying in for her party and is staying a week to be my support system while I potty train the little darling, so she is coming with us! My sister, niece, and our parents are coming too- so it should be a fun time.
3 friends commented!:
ok, so I'm going to have to have a talk w/ you about potty training. Gracie loves to sit on the potty and we'd love to have her potty trained except I have no idea what to do! Jaimes was a fluke - kind of. I think you should do a blog post on how you do this. Unless you already have and I've forgotten :)
Hey Kristin~
Ha! Yes I think with how verbal and oh so smart Gracie is, she should potty train in no time!
I will do a blog post on it as the time nears. You can check out Isaac's potty posts on our old blog the May 2007 archive. I am excited and anxious to get going but want to wait one more month until she is two, as I tend to think that between 2-2.5 years is the best age to make it happen.
I can give you a preview though- I potty train like I wean off the bottle and pacifier...do it early and do it quickly. The long drawn out thing doesn't work for me and in my opinion leaves too much room for manipulation tactics and/or confusion on the child's part.
There is some real strategy behind potty training in 3 days (my preferred method), so I will begin with my "potty prep" posts in the next week or so. Right now, start stocking up on those adorable little panties...those things can be pricey and you need ALOT of them in the beginning!
I look forward to reading those posts as well. While I'm at least a year away I'm sure I'm anxious to learn.
How fun for Vivi! She's going to have a blast there. I seriously considered taking Isabel to Elmo live at the end of the month but she's just too young to try it this year.
Post a Comment