Well tomorrow marks Isaac's last day of VBS. It has been a lot of fun for him and the church really did it up well! I can't wait until next year when both kids can attend. We are finishing our first week of swim lessons too (pics will come next week). He is doing well-but having trouble keeping still long enough to follow the instructors directions so that is tough. He is swimming independently, and jumping off the side when I take him to the pool, so that gives me lots of hope for what he will be able to achieve in the coming months of lots of practice.
Saturday morning we head off to our adoption agency training day again. We will talk about Transracial adoption as we do every time. Our agency had a mini session in April and showed our video. The caseworker said that many couples commented on things we said during their home studies and that what we said really stuck with them as they made their decisions on what races they would be willing to parent. So good to know we are making a difference in that way. The fun part about this training is that Viv's birthmother is coming and we will speak with her to the group about open adoption as well. She is nervous, but she uses humor when she is nervous so I expect it to be lots of fun! We had our agency family reunion last weekend at Baylor and it was a children's museum with themed rooms. Very fun. So here are some snapshots of that!


3 friends commented!:
Love the pics. Especially the one of Vivi in front of the mirror. Precious.
I'm sure speaking with Vivi's birthmom is going to be lots of fun for all of you. It's always such a blessing when we get to share our story and I know it is for you and Billy too. Have a great time.
We speak at our local hospital's pre-adoption class too!!! We attended the class two years ago during our homestudy and it's great to go back and share our story with other couples! Good for you guys! I would love to hear our bio-mom's take on the situation, but we have no idea where she is now...
Wow, you're almost done with VBS and we the kids aren't even out of school here!
I was wondering if you have an good resources on transracial adoption that you'd be willing and able to pass on? Thankfully we go to a very diverse church so that is huge. But I want to constantly prepare myself and pump myself full of info as much as I can, kwim? If I lived closer to you I would love to hear you speak!
Post a Comment