Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Vivianna's Adoption Day!! **Updated with photos!





Finding a balloon that does not say "happy birthday"...not an easy feat.

The Ariel doll was bought by Aunt Vicki when we were in Galveston.
We got her an Ariel and Flounder bath toy, stickers, a ring, and some candy.





Had to keep with our running tradition of her wearing a polka dot dress on adoption day!




Today marks the day that we finalized Vivianna's adoption. Her birthfamily came to court with us, which was a real blessing. Our attorney was surprised and said he had never had a birthmother attend the court proceedings. That night we had a big party at my sister's house. Every year we celeberate with a cookie cake, a couple gifts, and a fun activity. If the weather holds out today we will be having our celebration at a park.


This picture was taken as she took a little snooze before we walked into court to finalize.
This was last year's celebration, the theme was Minnie Mouse.
This year the theme is Ariel.

I will post photos of this year's celebration tonight!

9 friends commented!:

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Awww!! I love Adoption Days at our house! We do the same thing you guys do! Its so much!

BHRMAMA said...

YAY!!! Happy adoption day!! Those are the BEST!

Jill said...

I can't wait!
HAPPY FOREVER FAMILY DAY VIVI!!

With Pure Joy said...

Hi Laurie,

I hope you remember me, my husband and I met you at the race matters conference. We sat at a table and did the bead project. I wanted to tell you about my blogspot. www.babsandbabs.blogspot.com My husband and I are the couple that lost our son in court. Well, I just wanted to stay in touch with you and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind passing my blog onto other Christian sisters! So that people will be praying for our sweet boy! Prayer is what I can do for him now. As we continue on this journey to adopt. I just wanted to say that you were such an encouragement to my husband and I.

Talk to you soon!
Because He Livs,
brooke

Deb said...

Happy Forever Family Day! She's so tiny in that first picture.
Hope you were able to have some fun at the park before the clouds started to roll in.

Deb said...

Love the pics! Especially the one of her running to the van. So sweet. So how bad did it bother you that they didn't fit Happy Adoption in the center?

Question! Did you make Billy's birthday cake? If so how did you do the picture?

Laurie said...

oh yes, that cake was hideous looking compared to previous years!! But we went with it!

Billy's b-day cake was Randall's (Tom Thumb here). They did the photo icing. Sam's does it too! I did them for Isaac and Vivi's adoption parties at Sam's. You can see those on my old blog- archive Dec. 2006 and Sept. 2007.

Gloria said...

Polka dots, Viv! I heart you. So much!
And those matching sandals. I wish I could give you a big hug. Happy Adoption Day! Tell your Grandpa to set up Skype for your Mommy so we can chat.

HappyAutisticMama said...

So cute!!! What a beautiful little girl. Happy Adoption Day!