Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Isaac's Class Party

I am the room mom for Isaac's Pre-K class, so I planned the party and hosted it.
Only 3 other moms came. Sheesh.In the hallway in front of the Christmas craft wall.



We had snacks, did a craft, and I led classmates in a Bingo game.
They loved that!

He is in a very diverse class, which has been a blessing.
Here is his locker. Red apples are the morning class.
The afternoon class is smaller so they don't have to share their locker.
And here are all the fun crafts throughout the room and hallway!






4 friends commented!:

Rebecca said...

Looks like a fun party! I only had 3 moms show up for our Christmas party...and I have 20 kids in my class. Very low parental involvement, but I am so thankful that I actually have a room mom this year who hosted the party vs. last year when I had to do everything myself!

I am also continually surprised by how few children bring gifts to the teacher. Clearly, I'm not in this for the gifts, but we always bought gifts for our teachers for Christmas and the end of the year. ALWAYS. Even if you're low on money, a Christmas card thanking the teacher for spending 35 hours of their week with your child (and another 10-20 preparing for your child) would be nice! :)

Laurie said...

Rebecca-
I agree. You should always give your teacher a gift! I am sure the area you teach in has something to do with it. My sister taught kindergarten in Flower Mound and banked at Christmas time and at the end of the year! Makes dealing with your class and all their issues somewhat more manageable when you know you are appreciated.

paigescrib. said...

Ah, the good ole' class party days. :)

Deb said...

As always you do a great job. Sad that only 3 parents came. I was the only one at Belle's. Sure it's just a little daycare party but I'm there if they invite me.
I had Isabel's teachers' gift all ready and after not seeing her for over a week I finally asked, she was just fired and they haven't replaced her. Now I have to rethink the gift quick and split it into the 4 or 5 that I know take care of her during the day. I'll probably just make them a nice plate of cookies and take it in on the 24th. They're open, we're not going.