Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

School Stuff

Well, as you can see we are back online! We had to buy a new laptop. Thankfully Staples had a great sale on a Dell. So we are back in business. :)
While offline, Vivi began going to preschool. Here she is with her napmat. She loves carrying her things in and her teachers are so sweet. I will very likely get on their April enrollment for next year. The house is so quiet without Vivi and Chloe squawking at each other. I am enjoying my Tuesdays and Thursdays, I can tell you that...even only being down one child!

She turns 3 years old in two weeks. Can't believe it...

Going right along with School news....
Isaac had an entire 6 weeks of positive reports. Green days means he did well, blue days means he did really well (usually helped another child out with something), yellow means he disobeyed a rule and red is usually several incidents. Thankfully he has never been on red. But his track record has been 2-3 yellows in a 6 week period. Not this time, baby!! We were so proud as each week went by. We celebrated with letting him order anything he wanted at Sonic, a rare treat (except the only soda he is allowed is Sprite Zero). He was very happy to order fries too...a food that we do not ever order for our kids.
But this was his special day.
Way to go, Isaac!!


Next week is Open House and also the last week before Spring Break.
We put together these baskets for his teachers to send them off on their mini vacation time.
The theme is Movie night.
I did these for only around $12 a teacher. It is a popcorn bucket that you microwave filled with yellow paper crinkles, two cokes, a box of Milk Duds, a pkg. of licorice, a giftcard to Blockbuster, and cute little movie night napkins I found, along with a note that tells them to have a wonderful Spring Break.
I think they will love them!

I am glad to be back to blogging. Now i need to go catch up with everyone else.

3 friends commented!:

Unknown said...

Wow, how cute! I was a third grade teacher and I never got anything like that! I know they will feel loved!

Laurie said...

Thanks, Melissa~
Here is the link to the other teacher gifts I have done this year:
http://adoptioncreatesfamilies.blogspot.com/search/label/Teacher%20Gifts

Sissy said...

I am a teacher and I would totally love that basket!!! Love, love, love.

Vivianna is so cute!