Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Our Book

Our book came in from Shutterfly that I made for the agency.
I chose a blue satin cover and then I tied brown tulle over the front.
The book consist of 20 pages; here are some of the layouts...

I love this last page.
It turned out so nice, I am thankful to have that checked off my list!


We also had printed up 10 copies of our Profile.

The profile is a one page "dear birthmom" letter and on the back is a collage of photos of us.

This is what the agency gives to potential birthmothers, then they choose a family they would like to meet among the profile letters they view. I have found that some people think the agency chooses us and matches us with a birthmother, but that is not the way domestic infant adoption works anymore. In almost every case, the birthmother is the one who makes the full decision on which family will be best for her child. At the time where we meet the birthmother, we present her with this scrapbook that she can use to get to know us better, and keep once she has chosen us.

In the event of an out of state birthmother, or a baby that has already been born-I assume the agency will just mail this book to her after she chooses us from the profiles she is given.

Either way, when our agency director comes next Thursday to do our home study, we will give her our book and profiles. That way when she approves us, she will have everything ready to go to show when the need arises.

8 friends commented!:

Deb said...

You are fast! It all looks great. I'm anxious for you to get all done to start waiting.

Laurie said...

yes, I hate sitting on things that need to get done. But in all disclosure, I started the book back in January when the agency contacted us about a birthmother. All I had to do this month was tweak it and add the Disney layout! So I worked on it all of an hour before I ordered it. :)

Brooke said...

Funny that people think adoption goes that way because even back in 1980 when I was adopted my mom chose my parents from a book of bio's just like you are describing.

tif said...

the scrapbook and letter look GREAT...as expected! you don't seem to do anything half-way, which is amazing. whoever God places in your arms and hearts will be abundantly loved and cared for without a doubt!

Gloria said...

WOW! That looks amazing!! Nicely done, Laurie.

Kelly L said...

I haven't been able to get on here to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so excited for you! I love the profiles and the book! I was thinking about doing our next book on shutterfly before, but I definitely will after seeing how well they turned out! :) I'll be praying for you!

Wendy said...

The book and the letter look so good!! I love how you put the scrapbook/profile together -- the pictures are so nice.
So excited for you!

MommaLyme said...

It looks wonderful Laurie! I'm so proud of you!