Our home study visit went well this morning. We are waiting on my medical clearances and for our director to type it up to be able to approve us. **Update...my medical work came back all excellent and they are in the process of faxing everything to the agency. What a relief!
You can follow our ticker at the bottom of this blog...I moved it because it was creating some confusion. To clarify, it is showing how long we have been waiting since we officially starting tracking it June 1st. We now have only about 2 weeks to raise $5,000 to pay our approval fees, and we have only received $50 so far. BUT...I will not despair! My mother in law has been helping me think of some fundraisers and we may be on to something that we can roll out early July. **Update-just heard that we are approved for a $4,000 matching grant, more about that later!
The nursery is coming along. I still need many things like curtains, wall decor...and of course the ever needed car seat...which plagues me a bit because i will be ordering it and you never know once approved if we could get a call that says "baby has been born...come on to the hospital!" Take a look at the one we chose, it is called Lively Dots. I am planning on doing site to store off W.almart for it. Isn't it adorable?!! :)
We have drained our accounts as of late paying the agency and purchasing things needed for the homestudy and profiles, so the car seat will have to wait for awhile. I am still looking into getting some additional income, so far that has not gone anywhere. **Update, within an hour after writing this I got a call from a single dad who is going to court tomorrow to get visitation orders and needs nighttime childcare of his son because he works at a hospital. Can you believe how quickly God works sometimes? We will see if it pans out, but the call itself was encouraging!OH! I changed the tulle on our profile book and put pretty ribbon there instead.
I like it so much better.
This went with the agency today. Once approved, we will be all set.
Please pray for income, fundraising, and my medical stuff to come back fine and get faxed to the agency in a timely manner!
2 friends commented!:
WOW! So great to see these updates here. Be sure to add us to the list for the matching grant. Still praying about it but I hope we're able to send something.
Love the car seat, don't forget about tapestry closet just incase you get an immediate call without it. Call them before you rush out and buy.
You're right, the ribbon looks great.
That is the exact car seat that I was looking at for a boy or girl. My husband thought it was too girly. Clearly he is wrong. :)
Best wishes! We've had some success with our smartypig.com account and asking friends and family to donate as sort of a baby gift.
Post a Comment