Am I counting down the days until the glorious August 23rd? Yes. Will I be one of those teary eyed, My-baby-is-going-to-kindergarten Moms on the first day. Heck no. Do I love my child dearly and will miss him terribly, yes. But let us just be real honest for a moment...school....all day...5 days a week!! I have been ready for this day since the moment he pitched his 4th tantrum before noon, spilled paint on the play room rug, and peed on the couch, for the 3rd time . (Okay so Vivi was the one to spill the paint...2 more years and counting til she goes to kindergarten).
You get my drift?
Next week is Isaac's Open House where we will meet the teacher. We are almost all prepared. I bought his supplies back in July when the sales starting hitting and the shelves were still stocked, including a new lunch box. But I need a couple more things that I hope to get this weekend. I bought the teacher gifts, same thing I do every year...apple hand soap from Bath and Body Works. No need to reinvent the wheel there. Next weekend I will be participating in the time honored tradition in TX of tax free school clothes shopping. Woohoo. I look forward to this every year. It always falls the weekend after my b-day...which is such an awesome way to celebrate as shopping for kids clothing is my all time favorite hobby. Handsdown. Well... that and Christmas shopping for the kids is tied with planning their birthday parties, and taking them on vacations...ok, so I like everything about being a Mom (other than the messes, obviously), but I digress.
So as I am preparing for them to go back to school, I am so glad we have an early bedtime anyway...so there will be no need to rearrange schedules. I am hoping to get Vivi's room organized in some fashion as the daily battle to pick up her vast array of pastel colored toys, accessories, dolls, dress up, jewelry, dollhouse pieces, and the like is beginning to really grate on the very last nerve I have left this summer. I have organized our at-home supplies for homework and bought great flat boxes from Ikea to keep all his adorable artwork in throughout the year. I have also begun to schedule our Fall Line Up. So far it only involves Awana. But I am hoping to join a Mom's group at church on Friday mornings, sign Vivi up for cheerleading, and Isaac for flag football. That may not happen because it appears that the sign-ups for football ended in June for the fall. What the ? I would also like to sign J up for a mommy and me gym class if CPS will reimburse us the tuition as we will already be spread pretty thin money-wise.
So there ya have it. The heat of summer will follow us well up to Isaac's birthday in early October, but I still LOVE the fall. It is my favorite season. Here is hoping for the 100 degree days to begin to taper off!

4 friends commented!:
LAurie, your have such humor in your posts. I love them! We will have to have a bed-time change around here, it will be hard cause I CANT fall alseep before midnight. Mornings will be rough.
Where is Vivi doing cheerleading? YMCA?
Can't wait till school starts!
And I will be teary eyed....sleepy that is.
brandi
Brandi- you meant to say "bleary-eyed", right? :)
I will be signing her up through our local Parks and Rec department. We will see how it goes! Apparently she will get to perform in a city-wide parade at Christmastime. That would be SO stinkin' CUTE!
I have to admit I am a sucker for the matching team skirts, hair ribbons, and socks that cheerleading will bring to our life. I can't wait. :)
wow...it's a whopping 84 degrees here and i feel like we're melting!!
Vivi will make a great cheerleader. Can't wait to see her in her outfit.
I have to say you actually make me wish we didn't want to homeschool. I love school and some of these things you just don't get to do with homeschool. (Like have a quiet house when all the kids are in school.)
We don't have tax free weekend here.
Post a Comment