I was so anxious for him, and of course I didn't have our morning routine down pat so we were running a little behind (not officially tardy) just later than I had hoped. But he got there showered, lotioned, teeth brushed and flouride rinsed, hair creamed and brushed, and new shoes. I wasn't thinking about the fact that the highschool and elementary school feed off the same street, so when we approached the school, the traffic was so bad we had to pull over in front of a house and walk the rest of the journey. We live only a few streets away, so once the weather cools off we will just walk the whole way.
I mean look how painful it was for him to stand there and smile for all of 2 seconds.
Sheesh.
It cracked me up because on the way into the class, he was walking ahead of me and of course none of the school personnel thought I was his mom, so they kept leaning down and asking him if he knew where he was going. Hilarious! I thought for sure me walking right behind him with a little brown skinned toddler in tow might tip them off that we might all be his family, but nope. That's okay! I am SO used to it by now. And atleast I know when I do begin to drop him off at the school entrance, he will have plenty of help getting to the kindergarten corridor.
The kindergartners are asked to bring an afternoon snack each day, so I also packed a weeks worth for the teacher along with a lemonade.
Dry erase markers, an eraser, and spray... along with tape and a flower pen.
Thought she might appreciate these much needed items!
Oh...and as I was leaving the kindergarten corridor, there was a teacher with a box of kleenex for parents who were in tears. I told Billy I wanted to cry out of relief that the summer was finally over! Does that make me a bad mom?
And to finish off this post, here are some of my adorable finds when I went tax free back-to-school clothes shopping over the weekend. I went by myself Friday night and then with the kids briefly the next day which ended with me in tears and Vivi with gum in her hair. Good grief. (P.S. Peanut butter does not work as well in getting gum out of hair as "they" say, Canola oil worked like a dream.)
Vivi's rockin' pj's.
Brother outfits (got a few of these!)
Isaac's cool shirts and jeans.
Vivi's cool shirts and jeans.
( I was having difficulty getting the photos to rotate, so this is all I can post.)
( I was having difficulty getting the photos to rotate, so this is all I can post.)
J got some too, but those photos wouldn't post right.
Brother superhero shirts that with 15% off my order plus a $10 off coupon, I got for around 8 bucks each at old navy. These shirts seem to be all the rage for boys this season, so I was happy to get them at such a reasonable price, and in their sizes (not an easy feat)! I can't stand boys t-shirts with all kinds of graphics on the front or characters, but of course those are the shirts boys love. The above red sweatshirt was something Isaac chose. These shirts seemed to be a good compromise for us.
4 friends commented!:
So glad the morning went well, besides the traffic. He looks sooo grown up! I'm sure you both are a proud mom and dad!
Let us know what he says about his first day!
Aww!! I can't wait to hear how his first day went! Sierra started 2nd grade last week and I went to get out of the car to walk with her and she said "what are you doing? 2nd graders don't walk with there mothers!" LOL. Ohh okay. So I set in the car and watched until she got to the classroom! Love the clothes!!
Just make sure he doesn't run into the school again this year like he did last year!!! No broken bones this year Isaac!
Glad the first day went well. You'll get the timing down quickly I'm sure.
I had a boy in my church nursery a couple years ago named Blade. Some odd names out there these days.
Love the clothes. Makes me wonder if there's a baby girl to join your family so you can do sister outfits too!
Debbie,
Blade? Wow that's a new one. I have met a Sloan, Cash, Daden, Ryan-Claire(yes both names together), Stetson, Maden,Mimi and Mykaela. It is a different world for our kids!
Post a Comment