Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Pottery Barn on a Budget

We finally saved enough money to get some new furniture.
I have been stalking C.raigslist since J came home for a table with 6 chairs as we officially outgrew our current table and Billy has been sitting on a folding chair for a month.
I came across this beauty this morning. The photos on the web made it look a little Amish to me, and Billy just flat out didn't like it. But I convinced him to atleast go take a look at it and we both fell in love! It was totally in our budget too. The guy said he had gotten lots of emails but I was the first, so he went with it...yeah for me! Proves that stalking the website pays off! We already had this little black hutch in there, and the table matches everything perfectly. It was so white in our kitchen before, but now this table brings some character.

I adore the look of Pottery Barn...who doesn't, right?
But their prices are insane.
So I like to get their catalogs to get ideas of what to do...and hunt for them cheaper, but I am not good at refinishing things, my paint jobs look like a 4th grader did it. So to find something I don't have to work on is a jewel.
I am so happy with the look of this.
Here is the view from the living room.

The kids hopped right up and starting acting like they were eating.
Too cute!

Here are some photos of our first purchase of the weekend.
Our Ikea sectional to match our Ikea coffee table.
This was SO easy to put together and really comfortable.
Our new stuff fits right in with all of the decor I already had out.
I always wanted a red couch but when we first got married, Billy had all kinds of opinions that were opposite of mine when it came to home decor.
After 7 years, he has come around to my way of thinking....
He is a smart, smart man. ;)
View from the playroom.

My sweet baby, Oscar has already claimed the exact same spot on this as he did on our old couch. Hilarious. Doesn't he look stunning on red?
We moved into this house a year ago this month and these new pieces of furniture make it feel like a whole new start! We love our quaint 4 bedroom rental and feel very blessed to be here and with me being home with the kids. The Lord has been very good to always provide regardless of our income.
Now I am just waiting for the weather to cool off so I can decorate for Fall!

5 friends commented!:

Deb said...

Oh, that couch is going to look amazing when you decorate for fall. And yes, Oscar looks perfect there.

Dave is finally just letting me do what I want to, after 7 years. :-)

I'll have to start getting their catalog for ideas. I can arrange but lack the decorating ability.

paigescrib. said...

Looks great, I love the red!! and there is noo way yall have lived there for a year already?! crazy!

Elizabeth said...

I totally thought you weren't even going to go look at the table!! Haha, but it looks better than expected. Yay for new furniture and Craigslist!! Can't wait to find some stuff for my new place.

Shelly said...

I might need to hire you to be my shopper! Reading this it dawned on me if we take this placement we too will need a larger table or eat in the dining room every night. It is the little things you don't think about! I also need bunk beds or twin bed.

Love the red couch!

Anonymous said...

I love your house!!!! So beautiful!! The color of the couch is the best!