Did you miss us? :)
I give myself until New Year's Day to finish my Christmas posts...there are SO many photos! My photo editing website is down where I blur J's face...so you are about to view a TON of my beautiful daughter who loved posing for pics this year! And a few of my oldest son who just does not sit still long enough for a decent shot. LOL!
Vivi helped me bake Jesus' birthday cake.
Check out those curls!
Then we set up for the party which would take place after our lasagna dinner.
Vivi chose to dress like an angel for the occasion.

I wrapped Jesus' gift, an ornament for the tree.
The table dressed and ready!
And Isaac found us a "Jesus"!
We sang the Happy Birthday song and enjoyed red velvet cake.
I asked the kids "why do we have Christmas?" and Isaac said "because Jesus came to a sin filled world as a baby in a manger to be our Savior." Love it!
Then we did our play using our fisher price manger scene. Billy read a children's book of the Christmas story and the kids scurried to set up the manger as each line was read. I got it on video. It is some funny stuff!
Then we set up for the party which would take place after our lasagna dinner.Vivi chose to dress like an angel for the occasion.

Isaac insisted on doing an invitation. So cute but J's name is on it so I had to delete the photo. Boo. :(
Vivi asked of Jesus could sit by her. I explained that Jesus doesn't actually come to the party.
Isaac came up with a solution that you will see below!
Isaac came up with a solution that you will see below!
I asked the kids "why do we have Christmas?" and Isaac said "because Jesus came to a sin filled world as a baby in a manger to be our Savior." Love it!
Then the kids took their pj pics in front of the tree and ran to their rooms to open their ornaments. After bedtime I set up the gifts.

CPS delivered HUGE bags of gifts to the kids the day before, so their piles were especially big this year, including this bike for J! We are so blessed by these gifts.

Oscar was very curious about what was in these stockings and kept us up late into the night fretting until I hid them in the kitchen.
Here are some of J's since he can't be in these photos!
Isaac with some of his gifts.
Christmas morning breakfast!
We ate our breakfast of peppermint chocolate pancakes, bathed, packed, loaded the van and headed to Houston! Vivi of course had to wear her new Rapunzel dress right away.
If you are like me, you love the little window into other families' Christmases that blogs afford! I enjoy reading and seeing photos of your celebrations, and I will post more of mine in the following days!
4 friends commented!:
Looks like your family had a great time! I love the idea of making a cake for Jesus' birthday and celebrating that way. We may just do that when Levi is older.
Isaac is so sweet to go and get a baby Jesus. :)
And Vivi in the dress is adorable!
Glad you had a great Christmas!!
I love your "Birthday party" for Jesus. That is a GREAT idea!
It looks like, from what you've posted so far, that you had a great Christmas! Can't wait to see the rest of the posts!
Love the picture of Vivi posing before making the cake. And her curls are amazing!
Looks like a great party! Isaac did a nice job with the decorations.
I'll have to bring one of Isabel's dolls next time I got tired of telling her that Baby Jesus would not be coming to the party. She kept asking to hold him.
Oh and yes I missed you very much.
Yes, we missed ya'll!!! I love the baby Jesus Isaac chose! It was a great choice! That is wonderful to hear that CPS brought some gifts, and the bike for "J" looks really nice! Thanks for sharing all the pics!!!
Post a Comment