Take out about 5 large frozen boneless chicken breasts...don't waste time thawing, there is no need! Put them in the crockpot. Dice up one onion and toss it in there (can you tell I am a fan of the onion?!) Sprinkle one packet of taco seasoning over the frozen chicken. Pour one can rotel (or a jar of salsa) and half a can water over chicken. Put lid on and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Thirty minutes before serving the meal, take the lid off and fork the chicken into shredded strips, stir it all up, and add a can of drained corn and/or a can of rinsed black beans. Cook on high for 30 min. to heat up those items. Put into flour tortillas w/your choice of taco toppings and enjoy!
**For the kids I put their chicken/veggie portion in a strainer and rinse under warm water. This takes off the spiciness and cools the chicken!
And the crockpot is the perfect setting for a low maintenance dinner.
Vivi and I will demonstrate how to make Meatball Stew!
First put on your pinkest outfit and wash and peal enough potatoes to feed your family plus leftovers! Do NOT let your child use the peeler...a few bandaids taught us that lesson the hard way!
Remember, do not lift the lid and stir throughout the day, just when you add the beans!
Enjoy!
(*Note- take your children's portion out about 15 minutes before dinner because it will be HOT!)
I will post a photo with a bonus recipe for chicken tacos in the crockpot later today!
8 friends commented!:
We drop ice cubes into our children's soups and stews to cool them quickly. They don't seem to mind if it waters it down some; they are just anxious to eat it NOW!
I'm amazed that she will eat celery! Thanks for the recipe!
Excellent and simple. I've got almost all that on hand right now. Been wanting to find some slow cooker recipes.
I'm not allowed to use the peeler myself anymore.
That looks yum! I totally want to try it, but I have maybe a silly question... how long do you cook the whole thing for?
Ok lets try this again!
Laura- it is not a silly question at all! I can't believe I forgot to say that! Ooops....Mommy brain!
Because the potatoes take a long time to cook, you want to put it in on LOW for 8-10 hours. So I get it in by 9 a.m. for a 5 p.m. dinner time!
So my husband is in charge of meals for himself since i have been on a major diet since October (down 40 lbs.yay) I am always trying to find him quick fool proof recipes... I showed him this meatball one and he made it... he said it was amazing and that I HAD to leave a comment about how great it was... so here it is.. this is a great recipe for a very hungry husband that cant cook!!! He did leave out the pink dress tho ;) ... on a cuter note, he said he will be making this with our future adopted daughter ... so there it is, my second comment out of the lurker shadows and it was a long one, hope you survive the cold storm!
Nicole,
Yeah!!! So glad your husband loved it! He needs to try the chicken tacos next. :)
Post a Comment