I had a Dr.'s Appt. today for "female issues". I won't share what that means here, but the Dr. had me do a pregnancy test. Of course I knew I was not pregnant...but you know how they like to rule things out. As I was telling my Dr. we are still waiting for a baby and was showing her photos of J (last time she saw me I was getting my physical for our infant adoption!) I told her, "You know, this is the first time in my life where being pregnant would be a really BAD thing!" After the results of course came back negative...I kissed Vivi's forehead and said "In 7 years...this life was way better than a pregnancy any day!" Vivi said "I love you, Mom!" and the Dr. and assistant gushed over her. I told her I would be concerned about having a biological child, because I would not want people to say "Is this one yours?" She jumped in, rolling her eyes and said "They are ALL yours." I said, exactly!! With my current "issues", I am being put back on the Pill for the first time in 7 years! I looked at the Dr. and said "I am way beyond pregnancies now...and way over my head with kids!"
After having an exam of *ahem* the most annoying kind...I gathered my coat and my daughter and said to my Dr. "Despite the circumstances...this was a very pleasant visit!"
We both laughed at that one!


7 friends commented!:
i love this post. it reminds me to be thankful for my trials with infertility. it reminds me that without it, i would have not met 2 of my 3 children. this would be an awfully sad home.
thank you.
love this post. love your heart. love the last picture!!! God is SO SO SO good! what a beautiful JOY you spill out to others!
Awww....I love this. Love that last picture.
Beautiful post! Nice to find some good from those kinds of appointments. I do hope everything is okay.
:)
I love it!
i got a bit scared/excited at first!! hahaha.
love you laurie!!!
Inspiring. Thanks for writing. This is a perspective I don't hear too much. Yet, it's one that I truly believe I will have one day. It's like a breath of fresh air to hear from someone who's already there. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment