Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

J's Birthday Party

J had a wonderful birthday and started his first day of school!
(for clarification: his tie is screenprinted on the black sweater. I didn't put him in a tie for school. LOL)
He woke up Sunday morning to donuts and balloons. and got to play with the toys we bought with the giftcard his grandparents gave him.

I tied balloons to a little firetruck which he wanted to open right away!

On our way to dinner, we saw an actual firetruck!
Perfect. :)

Our friends (who have never missed one of our kids birthdays),
Jen and Jay met us for pizza!

There were maybe 3 other customers in the whole place because of the snow, so I set his party up in a quiet corner and then we took our pizza buffet to the movie room which was playing Despicable Me.

I bought licorice to represent fire hoses and firetruck plates/napkins.

Vivi helped me shop for their party favors, candy cups with a fireman action figure.

J loved playing games.

And riding this and the giant rocking pirate ship.



After games it was cupcake time!

He had the sweetest smiles when we sang to him!


Then presents! We gave him a Little People firestation and some bath pirate toys.
He had a great day! He kept saying "My birfday, Mommy?"
We love you, J!!!

3 friends commented!:

Deb said...

Great day for your sweet boy. He looks so adorable for his first day of school. All grown up.

Kelly said...

Awesome! I love the tie shirt!! Can't wait to see his whole face! Happy Birthday J!

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Awww so sweet!!!! :)