Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wow!!!

Thank you all who have come out of the "lurking closet" and left your mark on my blog during roll call!! I did not expect SO much love to pour out in the form of way more regular readers than I really thought I had...over years, even! Wow! I am so glad I did this. It has felt like a gigantic group hug! (If you haven't commented yet, please feel free to go down to the post below and say "hi!" You can click on name, you don't need to have a blog account)

During naptime today, I visited every single one of the new blogs left here and I have to say I stand here amazed at your stories. I did not know I was stepping into illnesses, infant loss, death of parents, adoptions falling through, children with reactive attachment disorder, recent miscarriages, and all the mess that is real life. I wanted to say to you,"thank you, friends". Thank you for coming here to read about what goes on in my four walls while so very much is going on in yours. Thank you for blogging about your journeys and heartbreaks...you have taught me much today in my short time visiting your home on the web. Your words have made me laugh, made me tear up and my jaw drop, made me smile, and inspired me to be a better Mom. Thank you for the gift you have given me and all those who have the privelege to be a part of your world in such a small way. Blogging has been an immense blessing to this stay at home Mama who doesn't get out much in the adult world with 3 little ones at home. Blogging has allowed me to process life in a forum of love and acceptance. Reading your blogs has allowed me to open my mind and heart to the ways other people do things, to change and grow. The kids sing a song at church that goes "My God is a Big, Big, God...He holds us in his hands...." Meeting all of you here, and reading your stories, has spoken to me today just how BIG our God really is.

5 friends commented!:

Hannah said...

Laurie, thanks for stopping by my "web home" and for the sweet comment of encouragement. I think I will need to re-read that one a few times.

BTW, I don't think I mentioned that my son is very jealous of your kiddos Christmas trees, and that if he can handle having something in his room next year, he wants one of his own. :)
I know. That was random. :)

Blessings!

Hannah

Laurie said...

Hannah,
You are very welcome. You are really an inspiration to all adoptive moms who have extremely difficult kids and try to blame the kids instead of going to all ends of the earth to help heal them. Your efforts, despite your shortcomings (that we ALL have) will bring forth fruit, I know it.

And maybe a personal Christmas tree would make a very strong statement of how cherished your son is...you could always put non-breakable ornaments on it. ;)

Mom of the Fab 4!! said...

I love reading your blog! We also were foster parents. We and are now adoptive parents to two and bilogical parents to two!! Your stories are awesome and inspiring!
Thanks, Jen
www.lifewithfourcrazykids.blogspot.com

Mom of the Fab 4!! said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brandi and Jeremy... said...

Laurie, LOVE the new look of the blog....ohhh how do you keep up with everything??? :)
Anyways, it was so cool reading all your comments! What love!

Call me today...I'm about to have a nervous breakdown. ;)