Monday, February 14, 2011
health update
i am writing this in bed because i know many of you are concerned about my health (and lack of blogging or responding to emails and phone calls). my health has not improved so billy's aunt vicki flew in on saturday to held me for the week as he is currently in pittsburgh until wed for business. today i had the most severe vertigo and so she drove me to the dr. who gave me a shot in my rear to stop the room from spinning. my mother in law said vertigo can come with anemia and being that i have had all the other symptoms of anemia, i believe that is what it is. basically i have had a cycle that has lasted for more than 50 days without ceasing, even with the use of progesterone. the dr. took my blood today and said if the anemia is extreme, i will have to go to the hospital for an iv. i am going tomorrow to the gyn for my tests and possible the scheduling of a D and C procedure. This scares me very much. i am also sooo sad that i had to miss my boys valentines parties. aunt vicki took up all the supplies but not being there to do it is such a huge let down as i love valentines days and parties. having aunt vicki here is a huge blessing and has helped me from spiraling down into severe sadness and self pity. at church yesterday, our pastor said "if God is willing to heal you. He will. But He also may not. And there is nothing you can do to earn or deserve it. He allows suffering even in those He loves for His purposes." I hope that I can find strength in the knowledge that God is very near to me, Jesus was acquainted with our grief and sorry and has laid upon Himself our iniquities. I know this too shall pass and then I will be back in the game of life again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 friends commented!:
Thank you for the update. I was just telling Dave this morning I was going to call you tonight if you hadn't updated.
So sorry you're going through this. Anemia does make sense, I hope it's not extreme though. Praying for you not just your physical health but your emotional health as well. I know you've struggled in the past with how your body has let you down. Praying they can find a solution very quickly.
Praise God for Aunt Vicki being able to come help.
Very sorry you missed the boys parties, I know they missed having you there as well.
Oh Laurie,
I hope that are healed soon. I also pray that the doctors find answers and your recovery is speedy. I am here if you need anything. I mean it!! Anything!!
I love what your pastor said. So true.
Praying you feel better soon.
love,
ebe
You are in my prayers and thoughts.
Laurie, I am so sorry you are having such a tough time. Sending prayers and good thoughts your way.
Lane
Laurie,
I haven't called just cause I knew you probably weren't up to talking, but I'm so worried about you. I'm so glad B's aunt is there and able to help.
Please let us know what you find out. BIG prayers tonight!
I am so sorry you feel so awful. I know what it is like to feel so yucky. I had to miss my son's Christmas program at church because I was too sick; that is one of the hardest things -- when you can't do the special things with your kids.
Vertigo is the PITS. i only had it for a day and thought i was gonna D.I.E.
Praying for you!
I know this is random - but I was where you are and it took them a year to figure out what was going on after a 7 month solid cycle. Turns out I have a tumor on my pituitary gland, which causes hyperprolactinemia. High levels of prolactin in the blood and MRI's are how it is monitored now - and twice weekly medicine for life. Just thought I would share in case maybe no one has thought of checking this for you. The best doctor I had was in the Plano area - if that is close to you let me know and I will find her name. Email me at sarahcj@gmail.com if you would like. Praying for you!
I'm so sorry your body is misbehaving. So frustrating. I'm sure even more so when you have sweet faces who need your body tip top. Hope things improve soon and they figure out what's really going on.
Post a Comment