Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Lots going on...

This will be a random post that covers lots of territory. Starting with the fact that we are iced in AGAIN. That makes five days of no school because of "inclement weather" this month alone. And the schools are only allowed 2 snow days factored into their calendars. So who knows how this will effect our spring break and/or the end of the year if TX doesn't give a waiver to the school districts. Fun times, people.
Vivi has her class Valentine party scheduled for tomorrow. This ice is supposed to melt tomorrow, so I am hoping that will not call off school. We worked on her valentines (Princess and the Frog) taped to heart ring pops. She wrote her name on all of them! I was so proud. She is giving small boxes of chocolates to her teachers (Mama didn't have it in me to get creative on such short notice), and I am bringing heart cakes/plates/napkins for the party. The teachers told me they are providing heart shaped pizzas for lunch, but then they never sent a note home telling the parents not to bring lunch or to bring Valentines.
Something tells me they are counting on another snow day, but we are prepared either way!
On a side note, but one that is causing me aggravation...we are shopping for a new bed for Vivi. She has outgrown her toddler bed big time. There would be no problem if we were moving to a twin, but for the sake that we don't have a guest room- we want to get Vivi a full size white bed for guests. That is so much easier said than done in our budget. We will of course buy a new mattress, so we don't want to spend a fortune on the headboard/frame. C.raigslist is just irritating me....people put overpriced junk on there. On top of our difficulty in finding a reasonably priced white full size bed, finding full size little girl bedding is even more difficult. I love the zebra look, but she is too young for that in a bedroom. We are in no hurry to have her grow up!! And I don't want to have to buy new curtains or redo her pastel colored polka dot name letters on the wall. So I have to find bedding that already fits with our color scheme. Not fun. Not fun at all.
And in other news and the interest of being transparent on here (can I be any other way?), I am having some health issues that I touched on in a previous post...female in nature... and the Dr. has me on progesterone but they are not taking the desired effect. So I have basically been PMSing for 2 months....this blog is a relatively female audience, right? :) Headaches, cramps, body aches, mood swings, high emotions...you name it I have it. I have an appt. to see a specialist next Tuesday but no one to keep J that day while Vivi and Isaac are in school. Billy will be out of town on business. So sadly, I think I am going to have to cancel the appt. and then next time they can get me in is March 10th. Which means another month of suffering. This whole thing has me feeling like this: Everyday. And I am having a hard time shaking the sense of gloom. These issues have poured salt on an old wound for me. I just don't know why my body is broken in this way. God keeps me needing His strength every moment. Some moments I am good and can trust in Him and other times I am just sooo sad. I know in the grand scheme of things I am blessed to be able to walk around and have no intense pain or disability as so many others suffer with. Sadly though, this has been my own cross to bear in life and for years I was able to do so with peace and contentment. These recent issues send me into worry about what the problem is and what the future holds. Please pray that the Lord would feel very near to me as I struggle. That is all I can really hope for.

10 friends commented!:

Rachel said...

Oh, Laurie... early in our IF journey, I was on progesterone for 30 days. Like 200 mg. I cramped, bleed, cried and was exhausted the whole time. I can't imagine doing it with three little ones :(

I will pray for you, friend. I wish I lived closer - I would definitely keep your kiddos. I know how important doc appts. can be. I know it sounds impossible, but try to take a few minutes each day just for you and Jesus... He'll carry you through this.

Snowmanlover said...

Oh Laurie, feel better soon. Just remember that hormones can make you feel just AWFUL! I went beserk on Progeterone so please know that can have a lot to do with mood swings and depression, a lot! I hope you can get in the doctor soon.
As far as bedrooms, my daughter's is now purple with black and white polka dots and zebra. Her room had been pink and purple and she was tired of it. I told her we could not afford to paint the purple walls and ceiling back to white so we could get rid of the pink and add black accents. It is really cute. You can check it out on my blog.
She has a Double Bed. We have a beautiful comforter and sheet set for sale. It is soft purple and pink pastels and so pretty. I had it on Craig's list with a bunch of other things and everything sold but that. I can try and dig up the photos if you would like. They are from JC Penney and so darling! We have a bulletin board to go with it too and drapes. It is a soft purple gingham and the bedding is a quilt with some puffed hearts, hard to explain.
Most of all feel better and enjoy the kiddos being home today.
Hope you can stop by my blog. YOu can look for the Zebra STripes and Polka Dot post on snowmanlover.blogspot.com. It is for a teen though. I can email you a photo of her gingham if you would like?

Snowmanlover said...

Oh I just wrote a really long post but I do not see it now. Testing

Lane said...

So sorry to hear about your health issues, and hope you are able to get some resolution soon.

On the bed, what if you just had a cheapie metal frame for the mattress (and box springs if you have them) and made your own upholstered headboard with plywood (or even foam board) covered with batting and whatever fabric appeals to her today, knowing you can easily switch it out in a year or two?

On your earlier post, congrats about the huge step forward in J's adoption!

Anonymous said...

L-
I am sorry, to hear your woes. I have a suggestion about vivi's room tho!!! I had a similar dilemma not too long ago.. we need a new mattress, and bed, and stylish room decor.. and had about $0. So what we decided to do was to buy a nice mattress and a metal frame..you know the cheesy ones that just prop up the bed off the floor about $40-$50 for a king. I then made my own headboard by googling DIY headboards.. I think you could go even cheaper and cuter for a little girls room by doing a faux canopy bed, for now and worry about buying her a nice white bed later. here is the pic

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CwOuRincuSI/R1aifAQBt6I/AAAAAAAAB24/r9XAU0iXORg/s400/canopy.jpg

Just need 2 curtain rods and cute fabric or curtains, this might solve your little girly theme too.. you can pick out any fabric you like in any pattern... just a thought

here is the blog I got it from
http://patriciagrayinc.blogspot.com/2009/03/diy-canopy-beds.html

Brandi and Jeremy... said...

Laurie,
I'll help you look by looking here in wichita on craigslist for bedding. You never know!
We got so much snow! But it's sunny already so I think it's going to go fast today and tomorrow.

Our schools are having their parties on tuesday, they are closed monday.

Praying for your health. :( Hoping they find a solution!

Laurie said...

ya'll are giving me too much credit to be able to know how to do ANY of that. But my husband is a big fan of the staple gun, so I will check out those websites. Thank you for the wonderful suggestions!!

Kimberly said...

I hope things get figured out with your health. It has to be a yucky feeling. Maybe they can do some blood work and get things figured out! I recently had about a month of PMS as well. It was a terrible feeling.(sore boobs, cramping, bloating, etc) I made an appointment with my RE but I cancelled because two days later AF showed up. I am hoping you get answers soon.
Yay, for Vday parties. My students used to love the whole Valentine exchange. It was so innocent and cute!
We have had great luck with craigslist...I hope you find something from a good seller.
As for the cold weather, I don't think they will mess with Spring break...This IS Texas! Spring break is big here. From what I have heard they have a waiver for many of the days and will just make up a couple of them. Maybe on a Saturday or the end of the year.

Deb said...

You're too funny. You are so creative and crafty you can make a headboard.

Have you looked at the Miss Matched bedding? Not sure if they have full sizes or not.

Praying for you friend, that your health issues are quickly resolved.

Emily said...

Praying that you find relief soon. Thinking of you!