I thought you might want to see what we have been up to for 2 days at home (minus a trip to the store for more firewood, lightbulbs, and pullups...you know the necessities!)
You can see it is more like frozen sand then snow.

We have baked.
The kids have played hard and look pretty proud of themselves!
We have played lots of games.
Napped....
Constructed things.
The kids have played hard and look pretty proud of themselves!The kids also did playdough and played lots of Pacman.
Billy and I will enjoy having our evening together, as he usually teaches guitar on Wed. and I am at Awana with the kids. We are SO ready for it to end, though. I don't mind chilly weather, but being stuck at home with no school is not too much fun after the first day.
Goodbye Ice Storm, you can melt now. It was nice knowing ya.
7 friends commented!:
I totally agree!! We are going stir crazy! I love your pictures! Looks like fun!!!!
Ugh..same here! We are so tired of all this snow!! We are going to be snowed in for days at this rate..There is no way we can get out of our drive way and now they are saying we are going to get hit again on Monday...Justin hasn't worked in 2 days and looks like he won't be able to get back until at least Monday depending on that next storm system!
Oh goodness! i'm praying for your SANITY!!!
Here in southern Kansas, we usually get the ice and a little bit of snow, but we got no ice and lots of snow this time. I grew up in Iowa, and I have had to learn that they just don't have the equipment to get our roads cleared well or fast here. Thus the whole town practically shuts down! Our news is about the same as yours, but with only a small blip about the Superbowl on the national news.
Laurie - this is why we need HOURLY updates from you !!!! going CRAZY here at home as well !! :)
Annette-
I can relate!! I was looking through my blogroll last night and was like, come on people!! Practically the whole east side of the country is snowed in. People need to be blogging so the rest of us have something to do while our kids are glued to PBSkids!!! :)
YAY !!! Updates from Laurie !!!
Geeeez - stuck at home, dealing with a sick baby AND no heat ?? YES you can cry now !! but dont forget to blog about it !!! ;)
We've run out of firewood too !! Yesterday we roasted marshmallows in the fireplace out of pure boredom !! My "baby" is 11 and an only child so I have it easy in some ways and hard in others !! She had me playing Super Mario Bros with her on the Wii and I had her watching Lifetime with me !!! : ) we even had our (normally held for the weekend) "movie nite" with popcorn and m&m's last nite !!
Post a Comment