Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's February...Our Valentine's Decorations Are Up!

I made some cookies to get in the spirit of things!
I will be writing a different verse every few days that has to do with the LOVE theme.
This one is especially meaningful to me.

I bought these mailbox chair backs for the kids years ago.
When I went to order J his, of course PBKids online was sold out!
So you can imagine my surprise when I walked into our local PBKids store and saw a basket full!
His will have to wait until next year when I can take it to an embroidery shop, but atleast he won't feel left out! I stuff all Valentines that are mailed to the kids from friends and family into their boxes and they will open them up on Valentine's Day morning before school. If you google these, you will find patterns to make them yourself if you know how to sew.

The little kids had fun sticking these window clings on.
And YES it is snowing today!! Actually sleeting is more like it.
Vivi lasted less than 5 minutes out there.
I printed free vintage Valentines online and glued them to red paper that I cut with pattern scissors, then put them in placecard holders on the fireplace.
You could also string them on a clothesline.
I set out photos that depict love, and my Willow Tree figurine.
The kids and I decorated my topiary that I have had since we first got married,
with foam heart stickers that easily peal right off.

And here are a few more decorations around the house
that I have collected over the years!
Happy February 1st!
If you don't have Valentines decor for your house this year, no worries! Make your own and/or buy it on clearance like I do, Feb. 15th for next year!

2 friends commented!:

Brandi and Jeremy... said...

you'd be proud of me...I've got a decoration on my front door!
But that's my only thing. :(

Maybe we can make something...

Wendy said...

Great decorating -- you're very creative!

I love the PBK mailboxes...I'll have to see if I can hunt one down :)