Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Infant Adoption Update

Today, our adoption agency director emailed a really nice encouraging update for those of us waiting. She said that they have "quite a few" women who desire to make an adoption plan and are due between March and August. She said many of them will be viewing profiles soon! This is so exciting. We mailed 5 new letters/picture profiles to them this week, so that they will have J in there for potential birthmoms to see that we are a family of five. We know this holds us back in the selection process as we are likely always shown with couples who do not have any children. But we also know that it is the Lord's will which child is meant to be ours. We would never be disgruntled about a couple becoming parents for the first time, even if it means we are passed up for that to happen! But I do find myself wondering, "Where could our baby be?"
Time will tell...

7 friends commented!:

Lane said...

Exciting news! And adorable picture!

Emily said...

Oh, Laurie! I am so excited and am praying RIGHT NOW for you! I think my way of avoiding thinking about MY wait is to stalk your blog! Hahahahahaha! So good to hear from you earlier today...hang in there with your precious kiddos and all that wintry weather!

Deb said...

Any time people in TX ask me for agency recommendations I always give them yours first. :-)
They care for their families so much to keep you all updated so often.

Might just have a summer baby coming your way.

Wendy said...

I'm so excited for you, Laurie! I hope you get some good news really soon.

I wanted to tell you that I was flipping through my old copies of Adoptive Families magazine and I came across the article your husband wrote (I think you mentioned it a while back on your blog, too...) I just thought it was so cool to "see" your story in print and to see the picture they used. I was so excited to show the article to my husband and tell him that we read each other's blogs. :)

All the best -- very excited and happy for you!

Whitney Weir said...

Oh that gave me chills. I felt myself go back to that place all over again. That is a nice renewed since of hope and excitement (along with a little anxiety too!).

Ebe said...

I find myself praying so often for our not yet in our home children...as I'm sure you do too. This news is sure to give you even more desire to pray for them and their birth moms.
I am excited to hear the developments of this!

love,
ebe

Brandi and Jeremy... said...

So excited Laurie! prayers prayers prayers.