Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Today
Aunt Vicki drove me to my GYN today and while she was taking down my health history, I felt very nauseated. So they laid me down and put fans and cold compresses on me. I felt better enough after a awhile to be taken to the sonogram room. Meanwhile the GYN called my Dr. to tell her that she did not believe the vertigo was related to my female concerns and so the Dr. ordered me an MRI. The GYN gave me the results of my sonogram which came back as normal- a healthy uterine lining and ovary size. Typical. Everything always comes back normal. She is going to have me stay on the progesterone and come back for a follow up visit on March 10th. We are hoping my bleeding will stay away (as of yesterday) until then. OH- and my bloodwork from yesterday came back above normal. No sign of anemia. So the Dr. sent me straight down to radiology for my MRI. I had a bought of vertigo during that procedure and about every 3 minutes for the next 5 or so hours. The nurse called to tell me that the MRI came back healhty as far as stroke or cancer is concerned but that they detected a small benign cyst that may be what is causing the vertigo. The Dr. is supposed to call me tomorrow with more details about that, but they do not seem concerned. I am now on Meclizine and Zofran to stop the dizziness and nausea. It works sometimes. For the most part I am extremely fatigued and have a lightheadedness feeling. Aunt Vicki has been wonderful to do every thing for the kids...meals, school dropoffs and pickups, baths, dressing them, feeding the dogs, the list goes on. Meanwhile taking care of me! Thank God for the help because these past 2 days have been really rough. Thank you to all of you who have sent words of encouragement and sympathy. I am hoping I will be on the mend by the weekend as my back has been killing me from all the laying around. I just have no energy to do anything other then rest. Even a book feels too heavy for my arms. thank you for your continued support and prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 friends commented!:
Get better soon! I am glad that you have someone to help you get through this experience.
My goodness! Praise God for the normal reports, but I will continue to prey for healing and answers for everything else. Is there anything else you or your family needs?
Hope you are better soon, how scary. Glad you have such good help available to you. Sending prayers and a hug your way!
Still praying hard. Hope relief finds you soon.
b
Oh dear, I did not see any prior post leading up to this. I hope you feel better!!! Much better!! Is Aunt Vickie, Billy's siser? Nice that you have so much help! Feel better!
Still in my prayers :( and am glad that there is great strength in the family to help you through all of this, as you usually do for others! Good lady Aunt Vickie!
This is too strange.... I was just in the in the ER for Binign Vertigo. I am still undergoing testing. It was hard when they said "maybe your pregnant". I had a short glimmer of hope that after 6 yrs of infertility that just maybe. Well, as useual it was negative. I hope you feel better. I can say with all honesty I know how vertigo feels. I actually am having a spell on and off today. I think it's the stress of adoption that could be causing mine, but I'm no doctor. Your in our prayers!
You are in my prayers!
Post a Comment