Sooo...in saying that...I will now answer the question of how we are doing! Honestly...we have great days (today is one of them!) and we have really tough days. The tough days usually involve the baby being very high need and therefor not giving me good times to get anything done including eating (I ate half a can of fruit cocktail for dinner last night). On those days I struggle with guilt that I am not in every moment with my other 3, (for instance Isaac has his first school field trip tomorrow that I will not be a chaperone to, for obvious reasons. He is not happy about that.) I am short with the kids and need for them to behave and be self reliant. "I am only one person!" I have cried out. On the tough days I disdain the dog hair tufts that float across the tile floor, I feel depressed at the dishes piling up in the kitchen, and the laundry....oh for the love of all things holy...the laundry. Thankfully on these days I have a wonderful husband who listens to me vent. I have kids who say spontaneously, "I love you Mom, You're the best, and You make me so happy!" and of course there is always this sweet face to greet me...
Having four kids does not feel a whole lot different then having three. There is one more Easter basket to fill....one more person to buckle into the car...and of course one more bath to be had! But I think by the time you get to four, you kind of have the routine of your day and the rythym of your other kids down.
Thursday, April 14, 2011
How Are We REALLY Doing?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 friends commented!:
SHe is sooo tiny! That paci is almost bigger than her head! :) I love the wave she is giving in the last picture, and the glow on your face! Very nice! Congrats again!
Boy am I glad to know that I am not the only one that gets short with the kids, barely has time to eat and has no idea what "time for myself" means anymore!
Jasmine sure is a cutie :) You have a beautiful family.
I think you handle everything with grace. Four kids are such a blessing and a lot of work at the same time!! Isn't it great to have a wonderful husband to help out at the right times. There are days when I can't wait for James to get home so he and Levi can have time together and mommy can have some time to relax or get things done.
Jasmine is adorable!! I love picture of the two of you together.
Oh man, talk about bad days....had one today. Got soooo frustrated, I yelled, "JUST GO AWAY" to my kids.
Yes, mommy of the year award right here. Finally had to go apologize and now the guilt is eating me.
ugh. If we could just have someone come for two hours a day to help. It would change my life.
Love what you said about your friends....hee hee. You mean the world to me and have been my only and closest sister for a long time. You ARE my family. :)
Love you,
brandi
we all get short with the kids sometimes, but i think they know our hearts. god knows our hearts...it's is SO not easy being a mommy.
Post a Comment