Here is the tutorial on making a yarn wreath.
You could also buy a styrofoam wreath circle and use the same technique!
You could also buy a styrofoam wreath circle and use the same technique!
Yarn wreaths are so easy!!
Just pick your colors of yarn and felt. If you want it to be year round, might I suggest twine and black felt or grey yarn with ivory and blue felt flowers.
Michaels sells these white wooden letters for $3.99...you will want a coupon for that OR the yarn making the entire project under $10 if you already having hanging ribbon.
If not, don't forget to pick up coordinating ribbon too.
Just pick your colors of yarn and felt. If you want it to be year round, might I suggest twine and black felt or grey yarn with ivory and blue felt flowers.
Michaels sells these white wooden letters for $3.99...you will want a coupon for that OR the yarn making the entire project under $10 if you already having hanging ribbon.
If not, don't forget to pick up coordinating ribbon too.
It is as easy as hotgluing your yarn strip to the back and beginning to wind it tightly around the letter. TIGHTLY. Pushing together as you go.
Depending on your letter shape, you will have to trouble shoot how to turn the yarn in a way to cover the entire thing, but I will leave that for your creativity!
Depending on your letter shape, you will have to trouble shoot how to turn the yarn in a way to cover the entire thing, but I will leave that for your creativity!
As you come up the the middle top of your letter, tape your ribbon to the letter center and then just twist your yarn right over about a one inch portion. You will want your tape to be very loose because when you go to tie your bow and hang it, you will need the ribbon to move freely to get it centered just right. (i.e. pulling up the tape under the yarn)
Then once you have completed your letter yarning, it will be time to hot glue your felt flowers in a grouping of your choice.
What felt flowers, you ask?
You may want to purchase 3-4 sheets of each felt color you want, they are cheap and it is nice to have extras in case you mess a bunch up!
Cut the felt in squares depending on the size you want your flower to be.
After that, cut the square into a circle, and then spiral cut to the center.
Then beginning at the center you will just wrap your spiral up into the shape of a flower, hot gluing it closed!
Really easy, people!!
Then apply your flowers with hot glue to your letter wreath.
With the extra flowers, you can make a rose ball for decoration!!
Simple hot glue all the roses around a dollar store styrofoam ball.
I placed my rose ball on a silver candlestick on my piano (photos later!)

What felt flowers, you ask?
You may want to purchase 3-4 sheets of each felt color you want, they are cheap and it is nice to have extras in case you mess a bunch up!
After that, cut the square into a circle, and then spiral cut to the center.
Then beginning at the center you will just wrap your spiral up into the shape of a flower, hot gluing it closed!
Really easy, people!!
Then apply your flowers with hot glue to your letter wreath.
With the extra flowers, you can make a rose ball for decoration!!
I placed my rose ball on a silver candlestick on my piano (photos later!)
When you are done, you will have a lovely rose ball and a trendy yarn monogram wreath for your door or home wall.
Sidenote: these babies are currently going for $35-$55 a piece on Etsy.
With these steps and minimal craft items,
you too can make it for way more than half off that cost!!
Have fun crafting for Valentine's Day!
With these steps and minimal craft items,
you too can make it for way more than half off that cost!!
Have fun crafting for Valentine's Day!

5 friends commented!:
praThis would make a wonderful gift to your mother-in-law, whose last name also begins with C. (I'm just saying...)
Love you bunches.
Love this!! I'm actually doing letters like this for Joey and Sam's room! I am glad you showed the flowers...I was going to improvise when I got there, but now I don't have to :]
I absolutely love this! I need to do it!
So cute!
I can totally do that! Love it!
Post a Comment