Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Jasmine's Surgery

Today my friend and I took Jasmine to the hospital for her ear tubes and adenoid removal.
Before the drama began! :)
She did SO well pre op. Here she is in her gown. The one they gave her was huge so I asked for a smaller one which looked adorable on her!
Jasmine getting a book read by "Aunt" Shannon!
After the surgery, they called us back and she was asleep and drinking her pedialyte.
It was so cute!!!
Once she woke up, she raged for about 20 minutes....mainly because she wanted this junk OFF her leg...like NOW! After they removed her IV, she got a slush to eat and Little Einsteins on the TV in a rocking chair with Mama. That is when she finally settled down.
Here is her baby hanging out with her new bear that the hospital gave her. Overall things went great! At home she has been very very fussy so we are keeping the Tylenol and bottles coming and having to basically put her down for a nap every hour or so because she will cry uncontrollably. I am hoping we don't have a rough night. A friend emailed me and said that her son started walking within 24 hours of his tubes, so we will see how she does in that department this weekend!!

3 friends commented!:

Snowmanlover said...

Oh she is so cute. I hope tonight goes well for her and for you!

-Special Mothertivity- said...

So glad all went well!! What a relief. Hope tonight goes well for the two of you. I'll say a prayer that you both get excellent rest.

Unknown said...

I am glad things went well, I hope the aftermath goes just as well!