Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Birdie Nests

I know this is not an original idea...but a friend blogged that her daughter's class was making these bird nest treats. We have never done them before, so I just had to give it a try!! It was a super easy project (perfect for my 3 rambunctious kids) and SO adorable.
This may have to become an Easter tradition for us!
You can gather these indredients for around $10.
Melt the butterscotch chips in the microwave.
Then pour a big 'ol bag of chow mein noodles in there.
And stir until they are all evenly coated.
Then just mold your nests with your clean hands.
And while they are still melty press your eggs and peeps into the nest. We waited until the nests hardened which means your eggs will all fall out when you pick it up, so don't do that!

And there you have it!! Super fast, super fun, and very tasty!

1 friends commented!:

Unknown said...

WOW!!! That is a fantastic idea. I am definitly going to have to do that one with my daughter.