We went to the park tonight with our friends because the weather has been beautiful today.

Jasmine ate her first roast beef sandwich. I tore this up into tiny pieces after this picture was taken, but I couldn't resist this
hilarious shot! The baby's favorite food is meat.
She gobbled this bad boy up in record time!
Then she was off and running all over the place.


Until she fell and then froze because of her fear of grass!


Here is Isaac "Planking". LOL!

Jasmine does NOT appreciate the swings.
She usually lasts a minute or two and then insists on being taken out.

I had an interesting transaction go down that I
facebooked about and had a lot of responses.
A woman approached and said "who is this little one?" as she tried to take the baby OUT of my arms. Jasmine lunged away and screamed her head off, so that took care of that problem. But it didn't end there. I said, "this is my daughter, Jasmine". She said, "Oh but she is not totally yours". I said, "she is 100% my daughter". At this point she said "Really? REALLY?! Well she is black! Her Daddy must be really black then."
I looked at my friend and we took this as our cue to politely slide out from under this conversation. Usually I will take this as an opportunity to educate about adoption...but I knew if I opened that can that the inevitable question I get is,
"where is her mother?" or
"Does she ever get to see her mother?" 
Yes, she does actually. Every single day. ;)
4 friends commented!:
WoW! Some people (insert eye roll/headshake here)
Good for you!!!! All I can say is that some people just don't get that one persons reality is different than thiers.
She is soo sweet! People just need to STOP TALKING (as my 3 yr old likes to say)!
Raina~ You hit it there, friend!! If it doesn't "make sense" to them, then they think it just can't be. And you know what, I don't always feel like being their enlightener!
Post a Comment