I wasn't able to blog over the weekend (or go to church or Jayden's TBall game...or even answer phone calls) because I was in too much pain. If you have been following this blog for awhile, you will remember that I have blogged occasionally about my medical issues which have ranged from vertigo to reproductive problems. For a year, I have also had intense headaches which recently (since January) are a daily occurance with no relief. I had an MRI done a couple weeks ago with my headache specialist and it showed intense muscle spasms in my neck. I went to a Chiropractor on Friday and their x-rays showed that the problem is in my neck as well. This is causing Central Nervous System problems like back and leg pain, headaches, tingling and numbness in my hands, burning sensation in my neck and shoulders, and on and on. It is nonstop and nothing brings relief. Sleeping actually makes it worse so in addition I am battling insomnia.
This has been incredibly difficult for me to deal with. I am having to take care of 4 kids with chronic pain that is sometimes on the 9 and 10 intensity scale. You can imagine how bad my headaches get with a toddler who tantrums at the top of her very powerful lungs 4-6 times a day.
I think I have lived with this pain for so long that I just ignored a lot of stuff until it got SO bad this weekend I can't ignore it. I am hoping the headache Dr. can get me in ASAP for injections to my neck and I am also praying hard that the Chiropractor can bring me back to health, which at this point I don't even know what that feels like. Thank you, friends for praying with me.
I took a photo of all the different meds I have been prescribed in a years time.
I take 4 daily now and am hoping to get of ALL meds if my health improves.
Ridiculous, isn't it?
9 friends commented!:
I am so sorry! Have you tried massage? I have endometrosis as well as scar tissue in my neck that causes headaches. A very knowledgable massage therapist has change my life. It is amazing!
So sad for you Laurie :( Such a great person shouldn't feel so yucky. I hope they find something.
I am saying a prayer for you, Laurie. You are way too young to be in so much pain so often! (Sounds like all the time!) And truthfully no one wants to live like that even if they are older. Sending prayers for relief and complete healing.
Carrie T.
I have a brain malformation that causes really bad daily headaches. I was at the point where my doctor was giving me injections in my neck to numb the area and that still wasn't helping. I was considering getting neuro surgery to correct the problem but the main side effect of the surgery was headaches so it seemed a little crazy to me since that was my problem to begin with. I was completely at my wits end nothing was helping and I had to stay in bed most of the day to cope with the pain. As a last resort I took the advice of a friend and tried acupuncture. I thought it was crazy and really didn't expect it to work but within a few weeks I noticed a huge difference in the amount of headaches I was having and now5 years later I can say I am headache free.
Praying for relief. I suffered with a bad headache for about 12 days and was not a great mom during that time. I can't imagine how you have been doing it for so long. I hotly a lot of relief from my chiropractor. Hoping yours works for you.
Dave dealt with migraines for years and is currently battling insomnia. So I know the pain of living with them from the spouses side. It's miserable wanting to help him and not being able to do anything.
Praying for healing and comfort from ALL of your health concerns very soon. Being able to live without pain or issues would be such a blessing for you.
I've had migraines for years and for the last 2 years, they've been severe and almost daily. I FINALLY got to go see a neurologist for the first time last month and he has been such a godsend. I was tired of the medications (which were not terribly effective AND making me feel worse) and was ready to try alternative medicine. He asked me to give him 3 months before going that route. I thought what the heck, why not? After bloodwork, tests, etc. he prescribed dietary supplements (CoQ10, B100 and a good multivitamin) and suggested that I try an "occipital nerve block" (ONB) if I was still having migraines. I went in for the ONB 2 weeks ago and let me tell you that my life has changed. The pain in my head was gone almost immediately. I still have migraines, but I don't feel the pain. It's strange but soooooo nice! :) Anyway, I'm not sure it would help in your situation, but it's worth asking the question. The procedure SOUNDS bad but honestly is no worse than a trip to the dentist for a filling. No big deal and the benefits are completely worth it! Good luck & God bless!!!
Praying for comfort dear blogging sister. Cling tight to Jesus during those hard days.
I have Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), a neuropathic (nerve) pain disorder. I really do know exactly where you're coming from. I hope you're able to find relief soon! The medication merry-go-round is no fun at all.
~Robyn
Post a Comment