Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Summer Reading Program

In an attempt to keep the kids minds working over the next 3 months, I put together a summer reading program.

I cut out tickets that I downloaded from the blog, 
Next year, I will get those adorable galvanized buckets and colored cardstock she uses...but this year I needed to utilize only what I had on hand already around the house.

Everyone decorated a bag with star and Dr. Suess book stickers.
As they earn their tickets for reading (or looking at books) for 20 minutes, they will be able to exchange them for prizes!
The prizes range from treats, to special one-on-one activities with Mom and Dad, to a stay up late pass.
That will be a crowd favorite, for sure.
At the end of the summer, we will celebrate with lunch out and each child will get to buy a new book.
I expect this will keep them quite busy and motivated.

4 friends commented!:

Joy said...

This is a great idea and I love your rewards!

Whitney Weir said...

Love your ideas! I'm totally going to set this up for my niece and nephew. =)

Megan Fletcher said...

Do you have a list (printable) of your rewards? I'm totally not crafty and don't want to have to come up with all this on my own. HELP! I've already told my kids we're doing some summer reading. We did a program through P-wood library last summer, but we missed a lot of it due to our big trip.

Angela said...

Our library has a great summer reading program, so I took the easy route and just signed my kids up. But summer at your house looks like a lot of fun!