Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Nesting

It is true that no matter how old your baby is when they come home, your mother instincts kick in and you have to nest!

We have moved Jasmine over to room with Vivi. It worked out well, we had to remove a few big things we didn't really need and arrange the furniture and now they both fit nicely together! I will post pictures after it is a little better decorated.

So now Jasmine's old room is empty and waiting for K to move into it! We were able to get a bed this weekend and one my friends was so gracious to purchase him some Dallas Cowboys bedding which should arrive this week. I have been looking for decor ideas and decided to just take some photos of a football to print on canvases for the walls. Now I just have to figure out which ones I want to use.
The theme in the room will of course be football/Dallas Cowboys.
If you know anyone with collectibles they are wanting to get rid of, let me know!!

I have some vinyl wall decor ordered so his room will be personalized just for him.

Other than that, we are starting from complete scratch!
Most teens have an entire childhood of possessions, but K will come home with very little. I am hoping we can get his room all nice and filled with new things so he can have a literal fresh start in life.

I put together an online wish list, and have been scouring Craigslist for furniture with no luck so far. I am holding out that we will find a desk and dresser to match the bed. I really really want the room done in two weeks because we hope to have our homestudy between now and then!! That is my goal to strive towards.

2 friends commented!:

Kimberly said...

I know it will all come together. Have you thought about maybe painting a desk red or a complimentary color? I had a friend once (who's home was so nicely decorated) and she bought a bed from PBK and spray painted a dresser red and added new hardware and I swear it looked so good! She was good about putting blacks with browns or reds with browns and making it look nice. If all else fails maybe try that! No matter what, he will have a room created for him out of LOVE...not just something thrown together with no thought or care. That's what matters and for the first time in his life, he will have it. (I'm still doing my happy dance over here for ya'll!!!)

Deb said...

Love that first one you edited with the quote. So much fun hearing about all this nesting. It will all come together. Just remember how quickly it all came together when Jayden came home.