Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Update on K

At the end of our vacation last week, I got two calls from K where he was asking to come home this week. I explained to him that the adoption supervisor in charge of approving our home study was on vacation last week so our entire case is at a standstill until he gets back in the office (today). He said that he had been calling his caseworker frequently to inquire about what was taking so long for him to come home (that's my boy!!).

Today I called the caseworker first thing and left a voicemail. To my surprise and joy she called back about 90 minutes later and told me that she had asked her supervisor and the adoption supervisor if K could come home this week while they work out the paperwork details so that he can "get his new life started right away". She is waiting to hear back from them on what they say. She ended our conversation saying "Well I hope you will hear from me very soon that you can go get him."

When I spoke with K, he was very concerned about who would pay for his fall football gear and informed me that he only will be bringing about 4 "good" outfits and one pair of shoes. I told him not to worry and that we will be able to provide for all of his needs.

At church this Sunday, our pastor talked about how God DOES indeed give us more than we can handle, contrary to the popular cliche that He does not. God does this because at that point when we are overwhelmed with a very real scenario that is out of our hands, we only have Him to turn to. He then works many times in a supernatural way to bring about events that we could not orchestrate. Billy and I both agreed that this is that time for us. There is nothing more we can do to bring our child home. K is anxious and ready saying that as soon as he gets the call he will pack his bag and wait for us to get there. I told him it will take atleast an hour so he should relax. :)

I have also had moments of thinking, "how on earth will we pay to outfit an entire child's life into our family?" It seems as though funds are always tight for us, budgeted down to the dollar. I was telling a friend who is also a stay at home mom that on paper with my husband's income and our expenses it just does not make any logical sense for how it works out each month. She said they had the same thoughts. But we both know that it works out because God's provision is always way bigger than a paycheck and bills.

We have a big road ahead of us as far as expenses for K.
But I know God will provide it ALL in one way or another.
We have already been so blessed with love and support, even from you blog readers whom I have never met. I am so grateful to you. I have been able to do his room up BIG and even compile several gift baskets and a toiletry kit with the generosity of friends giftcards being sent to us. I was happy to make a giftcard tree with the remainder cards so that he can choose some things for himself.

 We are anxiously looking forward to the day when he can come home and receive all that awaits him and more.

Please pray with us that we get a homecoming date this week. :)





4 friends commented!:

Joy said...

You are so right about how things look on paper and how God works them out being so different. Things are always tight for us, but no need ever goes without provision.

I am so thrilled you have made room in your home, you family, and your heart for K. AND that he is making room for you!

His room looks wonderful. He will be so thankful!

FootPrints said...

I love how god plainly shows you (us) on paper that you'll be short for the month...yet you never are. I love matthew 6:26, every time I doubt we'll make it I think "my god takes care of the tiniest animal, of course he has me covered!"

Peter and Nancy said...

I don't really know you, but have been reading every few months to catch up on your family -- I first started reading when you had two children, and were waiting to have your third finalized. We're in process with our 2nd adoption, and your family's story has just warmed my heart. I love how K is being woven into your family, and will be praying for him and you as everyone gets used to the new "normal."
Nancy

Deb said...

So sad to hear his worry about paying for things. What a wonderful blessing he is about to experience.

Can't wait to see your next post!!!!