Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Scheduling

As a family of seven, our schedule has become a bit out of control. We are getting double booked with various kids events at the same time, and things like parent orientation at the school is next to impossible when I have to visit 3 different classrooms presentations at exactly the same time. 

I used to get annoyed when people couldn't make my kids birthday parties because of schedule conflicts, but now I see how certain things have to go in lieu of previous commitments. The kids know that they can all participate in one sport or extra curricular activity and one school club...but beyond that, I cannot be in two places at one time and there are just too many of them now!

Billy is having to take off Saturdays teaching guitar because I am grossly outnumbered around here. And there is just no way I could be anyone's room mom anymore, because that would keep me tied down to only one child's class party at the school which isn't fair to the other two kids.

Take our September Calendar for example:
That is just what is scheduled already and the month has not even arrived yet!

Out. Of. Control.

But we will manage like we always do with all the changes around here and hopefully get through the month without too many mishaps. I pray that my exhaustion and our gasoline budget will be a fair price to pay for well rounded kids.

2 friends commented!:

Unknown said...

WOW! Good luck with that! I think it is great you keep your kids active and participated!

Anonymous said...

hope you can still make time for blogging =)