Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The Eve Before

 Anyone reading my blog for a period of time knows I post an obscene amount of pictures on Christmas and my kids' birthdays! 

So this will be installment 1 of 3. ;)
 Last night we went to church and then came home and had our new tradition~ Christmas Eve Quesadillas courtesy of K's arrival into our family and it being his favorite home meal.
I of course appreciate the production of these colorful chips to aide in the festiveness.
 Then we decorated our annual bundt cake provided by 
Cousin Stephen in Las Vegas. 
This provides our Happy Birthday Jesus cake.
I think our Lord would have appreciated double chocolate chunk.
Just sayin'.

 We light one candle to represent the star that shone in the sky for the shepherds to know that the Christ Child had been born.
 We had to relight this bad boy 5 times cause all of the kids needed to blow it out. LOVE that.
 Then as per our tradition, the kids all open their personal ornament which represents what they had achieved or were in to that past year. Then they go hang them on their bedroom trees.

 After we read Christmas stories to the littles and tucked them into bed dreaming of sugar plums...my big boys put together the girl's kitchens while I assembled their dollhouses.
 Nothing like father/son bonding time over Little Tikes assembly.
And of course we all know that real men play with pink dollhouses.


 Then I shooed K to bed and brought in all the gifts. When he saw them he said, "these are the most gifts I have ever seen in my life."

 The stockings were stuffed and we went off to bed for a total of about 5 hours of sleep before my oldest was the first up and wondering why all the little kids were still asleep. LOL!
This morning was a blast of laughter and paper flying as each child took turns opening one gift at a time and appreciating the gifts of family, fun, and our Savior who came to a broken world. This time of year we always celebrate the abundant provision of our God. The many gifts that are under the tree represent a year's worth of faithful budgeting, frugal living, and deep love and attention I place in picking just the right things for my five children. I feel very very blessed this year to have such a life worth living.

I hope that whatever you are facing this Christmas season and New Year...that you will know there is light at the end of your hard road, a God who hears you and loves you, and a Savior who wants to welcome you home to live with Him in eternity.

May you enjoy a very Merry Christmas.

1 friends commented!:

Deb said...

Love Jasmine's expression in that first picture of her opening the box. So excited!

Is the kitchen tall enough for Vivi? I was wanting to get one for the girls but I'm worried it will be too short for my tall girl.