This wreath on the front door set the stage for our theme.
Jayden's 5th birthday party was this morning. I chose to do a rocket theme and wanted the colors to be orange and blue. I thought a breakfast party would be fantastic and fun...different than anything I had done before and it was!
Jayden's Grandma has a scrapbook room in her house with a Cricut and she spent hours whipping up rocket invitations, a banner, and other rocket shaped decor items to go along with my theme and colors. This was a HUGE help in making the party room pop. Thanks Mom!
I hosted it in the front room of our house and had tables set up so Jayden and all of his friends could relax and enjoy a yummy breakfast.
All of the food was rocket themed of course:
A cereal bar: Moon rocks, Planets, and Saturn's Rings.
Rocket wing waffle triangles.
Donut hole Asteroids.
Clementine Meteors.
Yogurt parfait rocket pops and cinnamon roll cookies!
Orange juice boxes and syrup cups were set on each table.
Jayden anxiously awaited the arrival of his peeps.
Breakfast was a big hit with all the boys.
We sang happy birthday and he blew out 5 candles on a plate of birthday sprinkles waffles.
I had a basket of craft supplies set up to make paper rockets.
We lined them up to dry and later had a relay race.
With straws taped to the rocket backs, the children lined up and "launched" their rockets into the clouds.
The first child to cross the line with a cloud won.
Then we moved onto the outer space shoot out.
Because boys love to shoot nerf guns of course. :)
After this, we all went outside for what was supposed to be the
Big Rocket Launch.
Well...not so much. It did shoot up a couple of times but not very high. Us moms all got a big laugh out of seeing the dads try, though.
We wrapped up the morning with gifts and party favors.
Thank you to everyone who came and made
Jayden's 5th birthday so special.
To finish up, here are the 5 year portraits I did of him:
A Very Happy Birthday, indeed.



10 friends commented!:
You are so creative! We are waiting for child #4, and I'm not nearly as energetic as you!! Right now, our two sons have "friend" parties alternate years, and our girls will too. You definitely have the gift of hostessing/hospitality!
Nancy
What a cutie-pie! Laurie, you never cease to amaze. :-) You could totally do a career as a party planner (or a home-based business) once your kiddos are a bit older! Happy birthday, Jayden!
Carrie T.
Still remember his first with you fire truck and donuts. Happy Birthday Hayden. Looks like lots of fun.
Haha that's what I get for commenting on the Kindle. Auto correct. I totally know his names Jayden. :-)
You are entirely too creative! lol That little boy must've had the BEST party ever thanks to his wonderful mommy :)
he's so stinking cute!!!!! happy birthday bud :)
-paige.
Love the breakfast party idea, too! Too fun. Ok, now for the info. Where did you get the big number 5 and the little muffin cup looking things for the party favors?
Your parties always inspire me. My little guy turns one this summer and I have been planing the party in my head for ages!!
Aliya wants to do a "bajama" party for her next birthday...so I'm thinking breakfast on a Saturday morning! Thanks for the great ideas!!!
Whitney,
The white numbers can be bought at Hobby Lobby. You can also spell out your child's name. The little cereal/icecream bowls with spoons were sold in packs of 2 at Dollar Tree!
Post a Comment