Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

This Weekend

Sorry I haven't been posting as much, Ya'll. I am busy busy these days with teaching part-time and running this house full time. Billy and I have been catching up on all of our episodes of
PBS' Downtown Abbey at night on the laptop via stream-tv. I usually fall asleep midway and have to re-watch it the next day during naptime! That show is greatness.

This weekend we have some travel plans ahead of us. We will be speaking at our adoption agency training to potential adoptive parents on the joys and challenges of adopting outside your race. When that is over, we have plans to meet up with Vivi's birth family for a couple of hours. We have not seen them in over a year and a half, so this will be a much needed visit. After that, we will drive an hour to the town where Keishun and Terrance's teenage brother and sister live. They were removed at the same time as the boys from CPS and they have not seen Keishun since that month in 2010. His brother has down syndrome among other health problems and I asked his foster mom if she thinks he will recognize Keishun. She said, "Well he talks alot about his baby brother, Kiki." I said, "that is Keishun's nickname!!" What a joy it is to hear that he remembers. We will be taking him some Dallas Mavericks gear because he turns 19 years old on Sunday. After our visit there, we will stay in a hotel before heading back on Sunday.

I will be very excited to post pictures soon after getting home, so stay tuned!! But until then, here is a funny Jasmine photo series. She was upset that Jayden had presents from Aunt Beth for his birthday and she wasn't allowed to open them. However, when she saw what it was, she gasped and got real happy. HA HA. 

What a scene stealer.


This baby face gets me every time...

But just to prove Jasmine doesn't get ALL the glory in this house, here is a little window into our boy world: a picture I snapped on hair cut Saturday which happens about every 3 weeks. 

I *LOVE* this photo.
**Disclaimer: the boys do not dress this casually outside the home**


6 friends commented!:

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE the arches in your home! I know that has nothing to do with the sweetness of your baby girl's face, but they caught my eye. I've never seen a house like this. Beautiful!

Laurie said...

Thank you! It is one the things that attracted us about the house. That and the giant brick fireplace. :)

Unknown said...

I love Jasmine! That girl has personality!!! The picture of your boys will be something you cherish forever!! Do you ever just peek in on them and wonder how you got so lucky to be their momma? I do that with Sierra all the time. The other night I stood outside the bathroom door and listened to her singing in the shower and just thought "wow.. I am so blessed to be that girls mom!"

Unknown said...

Love the disclaimer!

Kimberly said...

I just LOVE Jasmine! :)
I have been thinking about your weekend...I didn't realize you were seeing some of your children's birth family members as well. That is a blessing!
I can't wait to hear how everything goes! I know that your talk with the prospective families will go great and all of the visits!

Deb said...

Will Keishun be able to share at the event? That would offer a unique perspective to PAP's.
Hope all the visits go well with family. Look forward to reading the upcoming posts.