This year began my seventh year blogging. It has been a passion of mine to chronicle our lives and the things I am most interested in. I would say Adoption Creates Families is by far my #1 hobby and creative outlet. It is also a huge sense of joy and encouragement to me to have readers that have stayed with me for many years and continue to come back to leave sweet comments. I thought as I kicked off a new year of blogging, it might be interesting to go back to the top ten most read posts of 2012.
(You can click on each title to read the post.)
Here I wrote my personal thoughts on etiquette for attending and hosting children's birthday parties. I had 493 viewings of this post and 7 comments.
I have NO idea why this post was so popular with 520 views.
It just happened to be where I posted about some dolls I had bought on clearance for Jasmine. Go figure, right?
This post is one of my all time favorites.
It is about the ups and downs of adopting Keishun.
With 529 views and 16 comments, it was quite the popular post.
I do not know how this post beat out the above post with 584 views...what can I say, people love free printables!!!
Obviously. ;)
Alright, I have to admit: I was pretty proud of this beauty and the tutorial I typed up.
635 viewings agree with me.
My favorite brother/sister photo I have ever taken.
669 people agree.
"I have a dream that one day little black boys and girls
will be holding hands with little white boys and girls,
as sisters and brothers..."~Martin Luther King Jr.
will be holding hands with little white boys and girls,
as sisters and brothers..."~Martin Luther King Jr.
Probably the most beloved post I have researched and composed.
I am very, very proud of this piece on white privilege.
I am honored that it has received 872 views.
I hope that number continues to rise because it is a very important subject.
In this post, I talk about our cash envelope system.
993 times this post has been clicked on.
This post goes hand in hand with one I also wrote: Budgeting For a Family of Six.
which has been viewed 577 times.
Both have been posted to Pinterest by several friends.
This post alone received 3, 089 views,
but if you combine it with the other two posts on the subject that are linked from this one at 1, 916 views and 750 views...it technically beats my #1 post in total viewings. However, since it is broken up into so many different posts...I will count it as the #2 slot.
This is by far my favorite party I have ever done.
Oh this party stressed me out!
But it did also bring me so much joy to complete.
A whopping 6, 239 people have come to my blog to view this party in all of its red and aqua glory.
It is my most pinned post on Pinterest.
It is probably also the most expensive party I have put together...even though I try very hard to stay within budget.
This cat just took over my mind for a month and it was all I could do to refrain from buying up every single thing I saw.
.................................................................................
So there ya have it, friends...
My Top Ten Most Popular Posts of 2012.
Once again I must say a BIG thank you to each of you for your continued love and support in my blogging ventures.
It sure does spur me on in creativity when I know there will be such an interest in what I produce.
Have fun reading through the top 10 and please leave a comment if you have not already.









3 friends commented!:
Good for you!!! Getting that kind of traffic is HUGE. So many blogs out there - it means what you have to share is meaningful or helpful enough for people to invest their time. Keep it up Laurie!
Thank you Diane. I do feel honored that people invest their precious time wanting to read what I have to say. I take it very seriously.
Congrats it deserves all the recognition it gets! You are a great writer with good thought into what you are expressing!
Post a Comment