Tomorrow, Thursday Sept. 19th is "Get Up And Give" Day in North Texas. I wanted to showcase a close family of ours who are trying to raise money for a wheelchair accessible van for their 9 year old.
I was in the delivery room when their daughter, Elise was born. We found out the next day the profound effects that the in-utero virus she contracted caused...blindness and deafness being the earliest known issues. Her family blog is: Life With Elise.
Over the past 9 years, her family has seen Elise's health needs increase as she has only gotten bigger. This is a BIG need for the Haden family. I hope we can end Ashley ever having to do this again:
And I hope you will join with us in making a donation. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/givehopetothehadens



2 friends commented!:
Laurie, thank you for the post! You have known Elise the longest, as well as my other kids. I just got your birthday card for Elise in the mail today. I still have the first one you gave her! We love you and your wonderful, BIG family!!! Fingers crossed for tomorrow, and more importantly, saying lots of prayers...
Thank you thank you thank you for this beautiful post & heartfelt support for The Hadens!!
Post a Comment