Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

A Life Worth Living

 A local church put out crosses to represent the 1404 babies aborted in our County in 2011. 

This happens to be the year Jasmine was born.

 The statistics for black babies who are aborted is far greater than any other ethnicity. 
WE cannot stand in support of adoption, if we do not stand in support of the movement to end abortion. 



People say that no woman should be forced to be a mother.
As an adoptive mother, I couldn't agree more.

People say that a fetus is just a mass of cells...


People say that abortion is better than one more child on welfare.
That abortion is better than another child in foster care...or abused.
That abortion is far better than overpopulation.

Jasmine would disagree.

6 friends commented!:

Unknown said...

Amen, sister! I am so glad that Jasmine's birth mother chose life for this precious girl.

I would also go on to say that we cannot stand to end abortion if we're not going to stand in support of adoption, or for helping these mothers with their situations. That is one thing that I have struggled with the pro-life movement is that the issue seems to stop at legislation for many (not all) people. If we're going to fight against something as horrible as abortion, we have to be ready to love on and support these mothers and babies. We have to be the hands and feet of Jesus. I think Jesus is much less political than some Christians make him out to be. He is so much more about love and life than politics!

I love reading your blog, by the way! My husband and I are hoping to start our adoption journey this year. :)

Unknown said...

What a powerful post!

Mendy said...

Those pictures are so powerful!!!!!! Praise God for birthmoms who chose life!!!!!! Thanks for taking the time to post this!

Unknown said...

Those pictures say it all!

Scheherazade said...

I've followed your blog for awhile now. I've enjoyed your nuanced posts on race. Obviously everyone won't agree on everything, but this post seemed to lack the nuance that your posts often contain. I know you're aware that people have abortions for a number of reasons. It's not always about bad timing or not wanting to be a mother. Sometimes there are serious health issues. Sometimes there is rape and incest. I just read a blog post about an adoptive mom who had been told she would never have children. After several years she finally got pregnant but unfortunately it was an ectopic pregnancy. The pregnancy would have killed her. She wanted that baby, but she had to have an abortion. Your post doesn't address this scenario at all. You state you support the movement to end abortion. It sounds like you mean all abortion in all circumstances for any reasons. You know abortion will not stop just because it becomes illegal. It will just be pushed underground which is dangerous. It should be safe, legal, and rare. I don't expect my post to change your mind of this subject, but I encourage you to think about the breadth of experience when discussing this topic. It's not as simplistic as this post suggests.

Kimberly said...

Scheherazade...I think it IS as simple as she suggests. Speaking as an adopted mother, a bio mother to a stillborn baby in heaven and a mother who became pregnant last year with an ectopic pregnancy and had to have emergency surgery..I can sit here and say that her post is HEAD ON!
How dare you lump those of us who have had ectopic pregnancies into the category of having an abortion like Laurie wrote about? In many cases the embryo has stopped growing, has never had a heart beat because it didn't implant in the right place and would have miscarried if it could get back down the tube. How can you say in such simple terms that that is an abotion like the millions of babies that are killed every year simply as a parents mean of birth control?
Yes, we know about medical reasons and rape....but I will tell you that we adopted one of those babies brought about by rape of a young girl and we are grateful for him.
I just don't understand how people can justify MURDER with what if's all the time. She took a stand and has every right to say what she said.
So in conclusion...YES it is as SIMPLE as she suggests.
-Kimberly