Pages

Monday, November 26, 2007

Packing!


Here are the suitcases that are done.
And here is the stuff that still has not found a place to go!
Well, as you can see the packing is well under way. I spent the weekend drowning in laundry and I'm still not done with that, because now I am washing Vivi's clothes that she wore last week and all our bed sheets. Will it never end?!! The suitcases are busting at the seams and so heavy, so I am not looking forward to transporting them. I've suspended our mail while we are gone and worked out the details of the dog's boarding. They are staying at a swanky doggie daycare facility with astro-turf to pee on and couches and tvs to lounge on. Lucy will have a good time, but I am a bit worried about anti-social Oscar. He is my shadow and will be lost without me. Tomorrow begins the heavy cleaning of the house day, so that we can come home to a clean place. It has been a bit hectic getting up all our Christmas decor, shopping for presents and traveling supplies, and packing all in the same week. It will be nice to just focus on Christmas when we get back. I will post pics of our tree and decorations in a couple weeks.

6 friends commented!:

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a task! You are always so organized, but I'm sure this is a bit overwhelming!
I'm so excited for you all...even though it would be stressful at times(especially the plane ride), I hope that you can enjoy the moment cause this is a once in a lifetime vacation! I can't wait to see how Isaac respond to the water and the boat! I know the relatives will love having everyone together! I'm so happy for you!

Stephanie Rohloff said...

Wow, you have a lot ahead of you! I will be praying for you! I know that this vacation is going to be such a blessing!!! I wish that I could come and help you get things ready to go...I love leaving the house clean and perfect when I leave for vacation also. I hope that you are able to accomplish all your goals before go time! You all are in our prayers!

Stephanie Rohloff said...

BTW, Be careful with the camera on the beach!! Last summer Chris and I took our Cannon to the beach and some sand got in under the turn knob for the settings (AUTO, Program, etc.) I would suggest if you haven't bought the protective case...take a special plastic bag just for the cam. Ours has yet to recover from the Sand Invasion!! (:

Anonymous said...

I agree about the camera on the sand, same thing happened to us on our honeymoon. bummer.

Laurie said...

Oh my! I am putting bags in the camera case now. Yikes! :)

Thankyou sweet friends.

Gloria Furman said...

TVs in the swanky doggie hotel! Wow! Must be nice. Do they get to watch The Office? Did you figure out what to do about transporting baby food? Good luck with the time difference and getting the kiddos to adjust to sleeping. I haven't found any good tips to getting that right yet.